Ugh vent... Kid has Croup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh vent... Kid has Croup

So the DCM that said kid has a fever from teething turned out that the DCP took her to the DOC today and the kid has croup. They said that the doctor said it would be ok for the kid to come back to DC tomorrow? I don't know anything about croup... I do know that it is a viral infection and that is about it??? What do you guys think.... Or what do you know about it. I am trying to goole it, but getting a lot of message boards..

My son has had croup, and it IS VIRAL...it is usually stems out of a cold/or flu virus. I would be VERY careful..sometimes they can be infected for a couple of weeks, so do the research...I WOULD GET A DOCTOR'S NOTE verifying it is okay for the return

Comment

Web MD

That's my go-to source, usually. Or Mayo Clinic
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
        Web MD

That's my go-to source, usually. Or Mayo Clinic
        I dont see anywhere that states croup incubation period???

Comment

Croup is really contagious. I'd ask them to keep her home one more day. The other kids will probably get it anyway.

I hate the "he's teething" excuse. If she still has that barky cough, she needs to stay home. It usually lasts three or four days.

Comment

I agree that a dr's note would be wise. They know these kinds of things and it will keep you from going crazy trying to find all this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by youretooloud View Post
              Croup is really contagious. I'd ask them to keep her home one more day. The other kids will probably get it anyway.

I hate the "he's teething" excuse. If she still has that barky cough, she needs to stay home. It usually lasts three or four days.
              Well I think that the bad part is that it is contagious from 1-3 days before the child even has symptoms. The DCM said she has a DOC note that says she can come back. I said we will see.....ugh.....

yes I hate the teething excuse too..... every time this kid gets sick this is what DCM says....oh and hear this DCM is a dentist, she knows better than to blame a fever on teething

Comment

DOCTOR'S NOTE...END OF THREAD!!! Just kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by TBird View Post
                  DOCTOR'S NOTE...END OF THREAD!!! Just kidding...
                  lamo you crack me up....No what....party time!! where's the wine....jk

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post

yes I hate the teething excuse too..... every time this kid gets sick this is what DCM says....oh and hear this DCM is a dentist, she knows better than to blame a fever on teething
                    Next time you get sick, cough on her, and tell her you are "teething".

Comment

::::::::::::::

Comment

lmao............OMG that was so funny.... my lil man said mommy why are you laughing at those words and that dog?? He can see zoe's dog pic....

thanks for the laugh

Comment

thats totally sums up how I feel about the subject! bahahaha

Comment

Thank you, that was hilarious!

I have a dcm who has picked up her child in tears twice when I send them home sick, and then proceeded to take personal days later in the week. I fantasize that next time one of her kids is sick I will call and tell her she needs to come get dcg because I need a personal day

Comment

My handy dandy health wise handbook that providers are given from our State health department says croup's incubation period is 1-10 days. It also says exclusion is necessary only if there is fever present and/or if child is not well enough to participate in normal activities.

It is viral and not everyone exposed to the "parainfluenza virus type 1" will get it. Croup can also occur year round. It also says it is common for children age 3 months to 3 years, occuring most often in the second year of life. It usually lasts 3-4 days with proper rest and care.

Comment

Working...
                              X