No announcement yet.

Fun Daycare Pets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, geckos live 25-30 years and can reproduce twice per month for over a year from a single breeding. Their food is over $20 a pound. It must be supplemented with live crickets, calcium and vitamin powders as well. $$$$ They need constant humidity.

Pet stores/small breeders often confuse their sex and yours may already have been bred without your knowledge.

FTR, I purchased 5 geckos/2 species/3 morphs, all labeled male. I found homes (science teachers) for 26 hatchlings and kept the rest. All are over 15 years old, now.

Hindsight: I wish I had internet and a computer for research back when I bought them. ::::
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Gus, our Westie, is nearly 10 and has been part of our daycare his whole life.
      Show and tell is his favorite thing. He enjoys nap time too.

When you add in all the loves, kisses and hugs from the kids AND their parents...he's a happy boy.
      Attached Files

Comment

We have a bearded dragon. They are super docile and the kiddos love him. My daughter and I also foster kittens from our local shelter. Orphaned neonates- 8 weeks old until they go up for adoption. My dck's get to learn through this experience as well. They learn to be gentle, they learn about kittens and the kittens get socialized. The kids thoroughly enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
          Gus, our Westie, is nearly 10 and has been part of our daycare his whole life.
          Show and tell is his favorite thing. He enjoys nap time too.

When you add in all the loves, kisses and hugs from the kids AND their parents...he's a happy boy.
          So so sweet!! lovethis

Comment

We took the school hermit crab over winter break and it was a pain in the backside. We had to monitor its temperature all the time, and there were two different chemical treatments for the water, and its food pellets had to be soaked until they were exactly the right consistency. It had to be moistened multiple times a day and it was stressed about having its terrarium relocated to our house so it wouldn't eat.

Lesson learned: hermit crabs and humans have incompatible native environments.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
              We took the school hermit crab over winter break and it was a pain in the backside. We had to monitor its temperature all the time, and there were two different chemical treatments for the water, and its food pellets had to be soaked until they were exactly the right consistency. It had to be moistened multiple times a day and it was stressed about having its terrarium relocated to our house so it wouldn't eat.

Lesson learned: hermit crabs and humans have incompatible native environments.
              Ooo...good to know. I haven't gotten any yet, and I'm leaning towards not now. Thank you.

I do caterpillars to butterflies every year, and I was thinking about doing tadpoles to frogs so the kids could experience that.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinMama View Post
                Ooo...good to know. I haven't gotten any yet, and I'm leaning towards not now. Thank you.

I do caterpillars to butterflies every year, and I was thinking about doing tadpoles to frogs so the kids could experience that.
                The butterflies are so much fun!! We never did tadpoles. I always wanted to do lady bugs and as much as we all liked ladybugs, the end result just didn't feel as impressive to me for the money.

You could make your own worm garden?? Fun easy cheap project and you can make it an all inclusive learning project through composting, gardening, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X