Gathering Poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Poop

We have a child who swallowed a coin. Her mother wants us to put a special bag in the toilet when the child needs to go and tie it up and she will collect the poop wen she picks her daughter up. We are a small daycare with 10 students and 2 teachers. Is this a reasonable request?

No. Mom needs to send her in diapers that you can send home. She can do the digging.

Or, you know, keep her home.

Parent is a verb. :hug:
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Oh, yeah, I missed that. Welcome!! Stick around.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

What a strange request. She wants you to keep bags of poop laying around? If you're willing to accommodate, then I would suggest what CH said and require diapers or say no because it's unsanitary.

Just....ew.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTree View Post
            We have a child who swallowed a coin. Her mother wants us to put a special bag in the toilet when the child needs to go and tie it up and she will collect the poop wen she picks her daughter up. We are a small daycare with 10 students and 2 teachers. Is this a reasonable request?
            This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year! But, that's not saying much since we are just a few weeks into the new year! That kid would have to stay home until the coin is found by PARENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
              This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year! But, that's not saying much since we are just a few weeks into the new year! That kid would have to stay home until the coin is found by PARENT.
              Agree! I mean what if the coin suddenly shifts and causes a blockage?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Agree! I mean what if the coin suddenly shifts and causes a blockage?
                Exactly and the fact that this request for you to collect poop is absurd!

Comment

Hell no.

Comment

None of my DCP would even dare to ask me something like this ..no way!!

Comment

Nope. I don’t think I’d agree to that. It’s way too unsanitary.

Comment

GOOD LORD this is going to be one of those stories that circulates forever, like the "knives and prescription painkillers in the diaper bag" stories. (For the record, I reached into a diaper bag and came out with a bloody tampon applicator, so, guys: don't allow diaper bags.)

Anyway, congrats. You now have an A-list anecdote.
                        ::

Comment

No way, I’d say if it were a concern then parents need to keep the child home. Sounds completely unsanitary

Comment

Working...
                          X