Have Any of You Gotten The Vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Any of You Gotten The Vaccine?

My local public health called and childcare providers are being offered the vaccine this first round. I put myself down, but I'm able to call and cancel if i change my mind. Have you gotten one yet?

I'm in California and I haven't heard much about its availability. Just found out my friend that I sat next to on Dec 29th, for 5 hours, has been in the hospital for a week with COVID. He showed symptoms on the 3rd. I feel fine, but geez, I had to find out from a another friend that he was positive.

Comment

I have not. It has been offered. I am going to wait until I have a couple days off later in the spring, maybe summer.

So far seven of my friends/co-workers have. Five had nothing but a sore arm, most go back next week for round two. Two had reactions (high fever, fainting, hypoxia). One required hospitalization, still there three days later. No update, today.

All of them work EMS/Fire/Police and were healthy enough to pass annual physical agility earlier this month.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        I have not. It has been offered. I am going to wait until I have a couple days off later in the spring, maybe summer.

So far seven of my friends/co-workers have. Five had nothing but a sore arm, most go back next week for round two. Two had reactions (high fever, fainting, hypoxia). One required hospitalization, still there three days later. No update, today.

All of them work EMS/Fire/Police and were healthy enough to pass annual physical agility earlier this month.
        That makes me nervous

Comment

I just checked the name on their cards, it was the Pfizer one.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryRoads View Post
            That makes me nervous
            Me, too, but from what I am seeing from "friends of friends" is that most just had the sore arm.

The female with the reaction was able to go back to work after a couple days home pushing fluids, tylenol and using a spirometer.

The male who had the reaction and is hospitalized has 22 years breathing housefire smoke. Take that for what it is worth.

I'd just plan ahead and hydrate really well beforehand. Then plan to rest for a couple days with help available. JIC. DH and I plan to stagger them so we are available to take care of each other in the case of a reaction.

Comment

Because I still teach CPR/ First Aid I was eligible when DW got hers, but I passed. I’m pretty low risk- no current major health issues and work in a pretty socially isolated job. I’ll get it when things slow down a bit. It was more of a “others need it more than me” thing rather than concerns about the vaccine itself.

Comment

I received a notice today, because I help provide care for my BIL, I'm eligible to receive the vaccine now so need to call my local hospital by the 20th to set up an appt.
                The 1st shot doesn't scare me but after hearing the side effects can be worse with the 2nd shot leaves me feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I was happy to wait awhile to see how it all plays out but also don't want to miss my chance either.

What to do what to do.....:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                  I received a notice today, because I help provide care for my BIL, I'm eligible to receive the vaccine now so need to call my local hospital by the 20th to set up an appt.
                  The 1st shot doesn't scare me but after hearing the side effects can be worse with the 2nd shot leaves me feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I was happy to wait awhile to see how it all plays out but also don't want to miss my chance either.

What to do what to do.....:confused:
                  I was told the first dose is the worst if you have had covid but the second dose was the worst if you have not had covid???? It's a hit or miss situation, I guess! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                    I was told the first dose is the worst if you have had covid but the second dose was the worst if you have not had covid???? It's a hit or miss situation, I guess! Good luck!
                    Oh cripe :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                      I have a friend in SC that got his first shot and he said there were no issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I have a friend in SC that got his first shot and he said there were no issues at all.
                        My niece in law had no effects with the first dose but she has not had covid. A nurse friend whom has had covid had the first dose and suffered with a high fever for a couple days. ??
                        I am awaiting to get my vaccine. My county doesnt receive enough doses at any time to go very far with the list.

Comment

I haven't been able to get a vaccine yet but one of my brothers, his wife and my sister did get theirs. My brother and sil had no side effects. My sister said her arm was a bit sore but no worse than when she gets a flu shot. She was told to take a Tylenol before the shot and to be sure to stretch her arm here and there after to minimize any pain. She thought it was good advice that seemed to work for her.

Comment

were eligible, Im choosing not to take it.
                            So:
                            my sister is a medic in Chicago. Shes had both doses, and is fine. 3 of her coworkers had covid like symptoms after the second shot but was fine withn in two days. The other 5 who got it the same day were fine.

Comment

My niece received her 1st dose Friday and has just had a sore arm but also, she's never had Covid.
                              The scariest part is the not knowing how anything will affect a person. Plus knowing there ARE so many walking around who show no symptoms.

Aren't there any stats available for side effects from the vaccine yet? I hear the stories here and there but want to hear about a bigger picture. Actually what I want is somebody to look into the crystal ball and tell my wimpy self everything'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X