These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Favorite Christmas movies: National Lampoon's and Elf. Hubs and I love Bad Santa too!

Favorite Christmas song: Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney.

Favorite Christmas candy: Chirardelli anything 🙂
    Favorite Christmas adult drink: At this point in 2020, I will drink anything.

Ok, your turn!

Favorite Christmas movies: It’s a Wonderful Life or National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Favorite Christmas song: Oh Holy Night

Favorite Christmas candy: Not a fan of candy but I love those Russian Wedding Cake cookies served at Christmas time

Favorite Christmas adult: Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog (eggnog/whiskey)

Comment

Favorite Christmas movies: Miracle on 34th Street (Original), Elf, Scrooged (Bill Murray), How the Grinch stole Christmas and A Christmas Carol (both Jim Carrey versions).

Favorite Christmas song: Silent Night

Favorite Christmas candy: Andes

Favorite Christmas adult drink: Peppermint Hot Chocolate w/whipped cream or Egg nog. Non-alcoholic. I don't drink, never started. Seemed not worth it from watching the adults in the 70's - 80's.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Favorite Christmas Movies: Most any of the Christmas Carol movies, It's A Wonderful Life, , National Lampoon's Christmas, Serendipity, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Die Hard

Favorite Christmas Song: Little Drummer Boy, I'll Bee Home For Christmas, Silent Night, The First Noel

Favorite Christmas Fudge: Peanut Butter Fudge

Favorite Christmas Drink: Hot Cocoa or White Russian

Comment

Favorite Christmas movies: The Santa Clause movies (Tim Allen) The Grinch (any of them) The Christmas Angel, and sappy "halmark" movies ::

Favorite Christmas song: All of them But I love "Go tell it on the Mountain"

Favorite Christmas candy: Not a huge candy fan, but I love Buckeye cookies!

Favorite Christmas adult drink: I don't drink, so I'll go with Coffee (with peppermint creamer) or Peppermint hot chocolate!

Comment

Favorite Christmas movies: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation; but I also like the old cartoon Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town that brings back many memories of watching these with my parents....it was a big deal because it only came on once a year and we loved it....as we didn't have but three/four channelslovethis

Favorite Christmas song: Do You Hear What I hear?

Favorite Christmas candy: Anything from homemade fudge to bought candy if it has chocolate in/around/on it
            Favorite Christmas adult drink: coffee drinks, but I do like Eggnog and Boiled Custard

Comment

Favorite Christmas movies: Elf, The Santa Clause

Favorite Christmas song: Hallelujah (Christmas version) - our children’s choir sings this at church on Christmas Eve and they belt it out. Love the little voices! Brings me tears knowing there won’t be a children’s choir this year. Just thankful we can still attend church!

Favorite Christmas candy: homemade caramels and peanut brittle

Favorite Christmas adult drink: whisky slush

Comment

Originally posted by gumdrops View Post
                Favorite Christmas movies: Elf, The Santa Clause

Favorite Christmas song: Hallelujah (Christmas version) - our children’s choir sings this at church on Christmas Eve and they belt it out. Love the little voices! Brings me tears knowing there won’t be a children’s choir this year. Just thankful we can still attend church!

Favorite Christmas candy: homemade caramels and peanut brittle

Favorite Christmas adult drink: whisky slush
                WHISKEY SLUSH? Oh my😁 Please explain how this is made?

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
                  WHISKEY SLUSH? Oh my😁 Please explain how this is made?
                  I looked up the recipe and my Grandma called them “Sneaky Pete’s” 😂
                  1 Lg can Frozen Lemonade Juice
                  1 Lg can frozen orange juice
                  1 Lg can frozen strawberry juice
                  1/4 cup powdered sugar
                  64 oz 7-up
                  1 Fifth Vodka
                  Mix and freeze til it’s slushy
                  To make the drink mix 1/2 glass slush mix with 7-up
                  It makes a lot, but you can keep it in the freezer for a long time!

Comment

I looked up the recipe and my Grandma called them “Sneaky Pete’s” ��
                    1/4 cup powdered sugar
                    64 oz 7-up
                    1 Fifth Vodka
                    Now that sounds interesting. Have to ask though...why is it called Whiskey Slush if it takes vodka?
                    Thinking I'll halve the recipe and keep it on hand.
                    Valerie, thanks for asking and Gumdrops, thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                      Now that sounds interesting. Have to ask though...why is it called Whiskey Slush if it takes vodka?
                      Thinking I'll halve the recipe and keep it on hand.
                      Valerie, thanks for asking and Gumdrops, thanks for sharing!!
                      I’m not sure. It’s what my mom has always called it, but I thought the same thing when I was typing it. Maybe there are variations to the recipe that I’m not aware of :confused:

Comment

Favorite Christmas movie: Home Alone

Favorite Christmas candy: Those chewy peppermint nuggets with the tree in the center.

Favorite Christmas song: The Little Drummer boy

Favorite Christmas Drink: Hot Cocoa (homemade using cocoa, milk, sugar, & chocolate chips )

Comment

Favorite Christmas movies: Any version of "A Christmas Carol"; A Chrismas Story

Favorite Christmas song: Do You Hear What I Hear

Favorite Christmas candy: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Peanut Cluster. My mom made them every Christmas

Favorite Christmas adult drink: Apple Cider and Fireball

Comment

I looked up the recipe and my Grandma called them “Sneaky Pete’s” 😂
                            1/4 cup powdered sugar
                            64 oz 7-up
                            1 Fifth Vodka
                            I am going to try this, my husband will love it👍

Comment

Originally posted by Pepperth View Post
                              Favorite Christmas movies: Any version of "A Christmas Carol"; A Chrismas Story

Favorite Christmas song: Do You Hear What I Hear

Favorite Christmas candy: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Peanut Cluster. My mom made them every Christmas

Favorite Christmas adult drink: Apple Cider and Fireball
                              Apple cider and Fireball😁 may have to try this. If you put a shot of Fireball into a glass of Angry Orchard beer, you get a drink called Angry Balls. I have not tried that one either, but it was popular amongst my bowling league friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X