Preschool vs. In Home Child Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preschool vs. In Home Child Care

I have been doing my In-Home Child Care for a little over 2 years now. I have my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education. I teach the children new things every day.

One thing I don't get is why are parents paying for preschool when they bring their children to my home? During interviews I make sure to inform them that I am like a preschool and teach the children everything they need to know before Kindergarten. They are doubling their amount for child care...

I have two parents that send their children to preschool and bring them here the opposite days. I worked in day care centers for three years, I know what to teach the children, I basically do what preschool child care centers do. I just don't understand why the parents just don't bring their child here full time instead of splitting up the children learning methods...:confused:

Are you getting full time pay for their slots?
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

No, they pay by the day. Some days they are here between 1-3 days, they only pay for the days they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGirl6 View Post
        During interviews I make sure to inform them that I am like a preschool
        Someone else convinced them THEY were the best Sneetches on the beaches....
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
          Someone else convinced them THEY were the best Sneetches on the beaches....
          :o they have stars upon thars?::

I LOVE that book!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGirl6 View Post
            No, they pay by the day. Some days they are here between 1-3 days, they only pay for the days they are here.
            Okay that's the problem.

I wouldn't offer care to someone 1-3 days a week. 3 days would be my minimum and the daily rate would be 25 percent higher than the daily rate a full time kid would pay.

CHARGE for it.

Comment

I also teach at my house.. my ages are from 2-5 years old only.
              here everyone pays the same... its 225 a week.... if you come one day, still the same price...use it one or 5 your choice.

however, the clients times are contracted to the hours that they use.. ex can only use 9 hrs a day and must commit to a time frame that will be the same each day you use it...

ex: if you come monday 8:30-5:00, then its this way always for the rest of the week and it becomes your set time in your contract...

Comment

In ontario we call preschool----junior kindergarten. In lamens terms---free daycare.

Comment

Okay holy crap 225 a week, that is more than double what I charge. Oh I how I wish I didnt live in the middle of a corn field and could charge more

Comment

Originally posted by nikia View Post
                    Okay holy crap 225 a week, that is more than double what I charge. Oh I how I wish I didnt live in the middle of a corn field and could charge more
                    be happy you live in a corn field.... I live in a smog infested city wishing I had corn around me... instead live in the mushroom capital and it smells like dog poo here....lmao not always, but when the wind blows...

225 is actually not that bad either.... I live near SF, once you get into the SF zip code the price goes up even more...

In the end it all weighs out to be the same..
                    groceries here are high gas is almost $4.00 a gallon....

Comment

Originally posted by nikia View Post
                      You know you love yourself some Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                        be happy you live in a corn field.... I live in a smog infested city wishing I had corn around me... instead live in the mushroom capital and it smells like dog poo here....lmao not always, but when the wind blows...

225 is actually not that bad either.... I live near SF, once you get into the SF zip code the price goes up even more...

In the end it all weighs out to be the same..
                        groceries here are high gas is almost $4.00 a gallon....
                        :::: Dog Poo, I have piggy poo here

Yeah I didnt think about that price of living increase. Just saw 225 and was WHOA I Wish ::

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                          you gotta

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                            Someone recently told me that Iowa stands for Idiots Out Walking Around!

::::I'm kidding Nan! You know I love you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              Someone recently told me that Iowa stands for Idiots Out Walking Around!

::::I'm kidding Nan! You know I love you!!
                              lamo so mean............ i need some iowa in my life....

Comment

Working...
                              X