Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
    15) 8/9/2020 Hodges, AL 92 Degrees Boy 3 years old

"FRANKLIN COUNTY, Ala. (WAFF) - Two Franklin County parents face criminal charges after their 3-year-old child was found dead in a hot car Sunday.

20-year-old Dakota Heath Fowler and 21-year-old Brandi Michelle Burks are both charged with manslaughter.

The pair told Franklin County Deputies that they put their 3-year-old boy to bed around midnight Saturday. When they awoke Sunday around 3 p.m. they found the boy in their car.

The Sheriff’s Office says they were called to respond around 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Emergency medical personnel tried to provide aid, but the child was already dead.

Franklin County Sheriff Shannon Oliver says the parents’ story doesn’t add up.

It was reported that they put the child to bed at midnight and then they went to sleep and slept until 2 or 3:00 PM that day and you know that’s a long time for nobody to have any contact with that child,” said Oliver.

Sheriff Oliver says the parents told his deputies when they woke up, they couldn’t find their 3-year-old toddler, until they looked inside a vehicle parked outside of their apartment on Church Street in the town of Hodges, Alabama." - https://www.wsfa.com/2020/08/10/fran...-dead-hot-car/
    I read this in the news and can't get past that sleeping "schedule" :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      I read this in the news and can't get past that sleeping "schedule" :confused:
      Being from "down here", the meth problem has been kicked up HARD from the COVID shutdowns. They start as a way to "keep up" then they spin out, similar to cocaine in the 80's.

I lost my own cousin to it a month ago, she wanted to be the perfect wife and mother. Very active in the church. Chorus, craft fairs, sunday school, etc. No one had a clue. It was devastating.

I don't know this family's whole song, but I recognize the tune....
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
        Being from "down here", the meth problem has been kicked up HARD from the COVID shutdowns. They start as a way to "keep up" then they spin out, similar to cocaine in the 80's.

I lost my own cousin to it a month ago, she wanted to be the perfect wife and mother. Very active in the church. Chorus, craft fairs, sunday school, etc. No one had a clue. It was devastating.

I don't know this family's whole song, but I recognize the tune....
        That is so sad.... It makes sense though. My heart just breaks for the poor kids that get caught up in such a tragic cycle.

I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

Comment

16.) 8/15/2020 Montevallo, AL. 91 Degrees, Boy 1-year-old
          17.) 8/15/2020 Montevallo, AL. 91 Degrees Boy 3 years

"MONTEVALLO – Two children were found deceased in a hot car at their family’s home off Alabama 25 on the afternoon of Saturday, Aug. 15.

The 1-year-old and 3-year-old brothers were playing when they accidentally locked themselves in the car at about 3 p.m., Shelby County Coroner Lina Evans said.

“They weren’t in the car that long,” Evans said. “It doesn’t take that long when it’s 135 degrees.”

A postmortem exam will be conducted in Montgomery to confirm the children’s deaths were heat-related, Evans said.

Evans and the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office are still investigating the case." - https://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...nd-in-hot-car/

18.) 8/15/2020 Vidor, TX. 99 Degrees Boy 4 years

ORANGE COUNTY, Texas — A 4-year-old boy was found dead in a car in Vidor Saturday night after reportedly being left in the vehicle for several hours.

"Orange County Sheriff's deputies found the child in the car about 8 p.m. Saturday, August 15, Detective Joshua Lockett said in a news release.

The car was parked outside the Donut Palace on North Main Street in the Pine Forest area. An autopsy has been ordered to find out exactly how the child died.

For now, no charges have been filed in the case. The Orange County Sheriff's Office and Child Protective Services are still investigating the case to determine exactly what happened.

"We will look at all the avenues, we will talk to the parents, we will talk to anybody that was in the area," he said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said it is not clear right now how the child ended up in the car. Lockett said it is important to think twice before exiting your vehicle." - https://www.12newsnow.com/article/ne...f-f948ec916dfe
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

19.) 8/17/2020 Edmond, OK 92 Degrees Girl 3 years

"EDMOND, Okla. - Edmond police said a 3-year-old girl has died Monday after being left in a hot car for hours.
            Authorities said the child was found by her father in a vehicle in the 300 block of W. Hurd St.

According to police, the 3-year-old was in the car for 4-6 hours.

Police said the child was taken emergency status to Children’s Hospital in Oklahoma City where she later died.

The investigation is ongoing." - https://www.news9.com/story/5f3b2142...-hospitalized-

Comment

20.) 8/30/2020 Phoenix, AZ 101 Degrees, Girl 3 years

Phoenix police have arrested the mother of a 3-year-old girl who was found dead in a hot car Sunday afternoon.
              Officers responded to a home near 35th Avenue and Thunderbird Road at about 4:30 p.m. Sunday for a report of a missing child, according to Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Mercedes Fortune

Police spoke with the mother, 23-year-old Tianna Jones, who told police she was unable to find her keys as they began to search the area for the girl.

When police searched Jones’ car, they found the child inside and unresponsive, the station reported. She was transported to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead.

Jones told police she was out drinking and using drugs the night before and had picked her daughter up around 10:30 a.m. that morning from her mother’s home, authorities said.

Both of them were seen on the apartment complex’s cameras, according to court records, when they had arrived. They went into the apartment where they had a snack before both of them went to take a nap.

According to police, Jones said she had fallen asleep for about three hours when her daughter walked out of the home and made her way to the car and got inside where she was later found.

Police arrested Jones on child abuse charges. The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner. The investigation is ongoing." - https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/to...rested-police/

Comment

21.) 9/02/20 Panama City, Fl. Newborn

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — A newborn baby was found dead Wednesday inside a hot car in Florida, deputies said.

According to WJHG, the Bay County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred outside a home on Canal Avenue in Panama City. Authorities responded to a report of an infant in distress “and discovered a newborn had been left in a vehicle for possibly several hours,” the department said in a Facebook post.

Emergency crews tried to revive the baby but were unsuccessful, according to the post.

The Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the case, authorities said. No further information was immediately available. - https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/...F2TDBFTQUYCLE/

Comment

2017 story. Arrested mom complains patrol car too hot

SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. — A Florida woman has been charged after leaving her child in a hot car, and then complained to police that it was too hot when she was put in the back of the police cruis…

NOTE: This is from 2017...but we’ve certainly seen that these situations have not lessened.

Comment

22.) 9/11/2020 Pine Hills, FL 91 Degrees, Boy 1 year old

"The Orange County Sheriff’s Office stated that Jace Leslie was discovered unresponsive in a rear-facing car seat on Friday at 3:42 p.m. on 5705 Indian Hill Rd. after the baby was found.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office stated that it appears the baby was left inside a black Nissan Altima parked outside the home. In a Saturday morning updated news release, the Sheriff's Office added, "We want to be clear that there is no connection between baby Jace’s death and the home on Indian Hill Road."

According to the investigation, which is still ongoing, it appears that a caregiver was expected to drop off the baby at an Indian Hill Road location for daycare before going to work, however, the caregiver did not drop off the child.

The caregiver, who has not been named and no charges have been filed, came back to the "daycare location" on Friday afternoon and discovered Leslie unresponsive in the hot car, stated the Sheriff's Office.

Bystanders tried to give aid to the child before emergency responders arrived, but rescue officials determined that the baby had died, according to the Sheriff's Office.

"Detectives believe Jace died as a result of being inside the hot car for an extended period, but they must wait on the medical examiner’s office for an official cause of death," according to the news release.

During their investigation of the scene, deputies did tow away the car from the home.

Alton Williams, 18, and other neighbors say they believe a daycare center operates out of the home.

“When I was in my room, I was laying there and I heard screaming. And I came outside to see what it was 'cause I thought people were fighting, and I seen one of the workers. She was out there running around and screaming," Williams said. "And then there was a guy – he had came up to the car and took the kid out of the car, and then they went over there, like, by that tree. And I think they was trying to resuscitate the baby or something."

As of late Friday, Investigators had not said anyone had been charged with a crime in connection with the baby's death." - https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...hill-road-home

23.) 9/27/2020 Lafayette Parish, LA 89 Degrees, Boy 2 years

"A young mother is behind bars in Louisiana, accused of negligent homicide in the hot-car death of her 2-year-old son, according to local news outlets. Natalie Broussard was arrested on Monday, and is being held with no bond in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center. The Lafayette Parish Coroner's Office identified the deceased toddler as Ryatt Hensley.

Ryatt died from heatstroke, the autopsy confirmed. Ryatt was discovered inside a hot vehicle on Sunday afternoon. The reports fail to indicate how long Ryatt is believed to have been in the vehicle prior to being found. Police were called to Broussard's home in Duson on Sunday just before 2 p.m. She was charged with negligent homicide Monday, following a brief investigation into the boy's death." - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ar/ar-BB19C6GN

24.) 10/5/2020 Las Vegas, NV, 99Degrees, Girl 22 months

"Las Vegas, NV (KXNT) - A 27 year old man has been arrested on child abuse charges after his 22 month old daughter died in a hot car Monday afternoon.

According to Sidney Deal's arrest report, he flagged down a patrol unit near Owens and H Street and said he accidentally locked his keys in the car and left it running while the girl was inside. Deal says he thought he left the air conditioning running.

Deal’s brother said he wanted to break the car window to rescue the girls, but Sydney Deal refused because the car was new.

The report also details that Deal’s girlfriend told police that she spent 23 minutes on hold with a locksmith but that Deal didn’t like the price the locksmith gave so he denied the services and the amount of money the tow company he called would charge him was too expensive.

Deal was being held at the Clark County Detention Center on $20,000 bail. He is expected to appear in court Thursday." - https://kxnt.radio.com/articles/news...young-daughter

Comment

Working...
                    X