Feeling Beyond Bitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Another thing that saved my sanity was to never allow myself to work harder at correcting or corralling an unwanted behavior than parents do.

It's not fair to you or the child. Parents should always be their child's first and most important teacher.

I spent years devoting time and stress towards "fixing" a child's unwanted behaviors while the parents went merrily on their way as I did their hard work.

Then I got smart. (shortly after I joined this board )
    I am DEFINITELY learning this as well! I have been doing childcare for a long time but always on a smaller scale and I have noticed that kids and parents have CHANGED. All the kids I care for have some sort of special needs.

Comment

I waited too long to term a child for aggressive behavior and screaming. Lost my best client when their kid picked up the disruptive kid's behavior.

Don't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
        I waited too long to term a child for aggressive behavior and screaming. Lost my best client when their kid picked up the disruptive kid's behavior.

Don't wait.
        So how did that go down? I'm always afraid that other parents are not going to want their kids around dcg.

Comment

What did you end up doing?

My daughter is a very difficult child at home. People said that she's great pretty much anywhere else. Although occasionally, she acts up during school. She would have been a child I would have term for bad behavior but she's mine hahaha. I usually gave it about 2 weeks, and it's the children who came to my care with all these crazy things going on, did not adapt, they were gone. It's not fair to me, or the other children in my care or their parents for one child to disrupt the entire outfit.

I noticed that every single child from about 2010 to 2012 was diagnosed, or suspected special needs. I really feel that some of its just behavior and it's not any kind of actual diagnosis rather, lazy parenting or inconsistent discipline or other things. I remember one mother told me that her son couldn't dress himself and do this or that because he'd had a heart condition. The truth was, he was born with one, but it was fixed right away and the doctor told the parents to let the Child live as normally as any other child. When I saw that his two-year-old sister was trying to tie her shoes, and she could put them on herself and button her own shirt, but he could not be was almost 5? I really wasn't sure what to think. So I tried helping him do it, and he screamed and cried that he didn't want to, but after about two days worth of making him do his stuff his self, he actually was fully capable and had no special needs at all. It was all just something the mother told me. Then, the child wanted to do more things on his own and I had to potty train him at this age. That was not a fun thing to have to do. I am kind of tired of the society that exists today, where everyone is entitled and no one takes responsibility. It is almost exactly why that I stopped doing childcare, that and not being paid appropriately, among the fact that this is not a consistent income all the time. I also could not stand that parents who didn't get their way, went right to the state to try to strip you of your license. It always cause more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            What did you end up doing?

My daughter is a very difficult child at home. People said that she's great pretty much anywhere else. Although occasionally, she acts up during school. She would have been a child I would have term for bad behavior but she's mine hahaha. I usually gave it about 2 weeks, and it's the children who came to my care with all these crazy things going on, did not adapt, they were gone. It's not fair to me, or the other children in my care or their parents for one child to disrupt the entire outfit.

I noticed that every single child from about 2010 to 2012 was diagnosed, or suspected special needs. I really feel that some of its just behavior and it's not any kind of actual diagnosis rather, lazy parenting or inconsistent discipline or other things. I remember one mother told me that her son couldn't dress himself and do this or that because he'd had a heart condition. The truth was, he was born with one, but it was fixed right away and the doctor told the parents to let the Child live as normally as any other child. When I saw that his two-year-old sister was trying to tie her shoes, and she could put them on herself and button her own shirt, but he could not be was almost 5? I really wasn't sure what to think. So I tried helping him do it, and he screamed and cried that he didn't want to, but after about two days worth of making him do his stuff his self, he actually was fully capable and had no special needs at all. It was all just something the mother told me. Then, the child wanted to do more things on his own and I had to potty train him at this age. That was not a fun thing to have to do. I am kind of tired of the society that exists today, where everyone is entitled and no one takes responsibility. It is almost exactly why that I stopped doing childcare, that and not being paid appropriately, among the fact that this is not a consistent income all the time. I also could not stand that parents who didn't get their way, went right to the state to try to strip you of your license. It always cause more trouble than it was worth.
            She's still with me!:confused: I'm a glutton for punishment... a week and a half ago I was ready to be done! But after the weekend dcg came back and things have been better...for now I lost all but 2 dck's due to covid. So I kind of needed the money but I'm really thinking about just closing my doors and maybe reopening after the summer. The thought of that makes me giddy in my tummy. :

Comment

Working...
            X