Michigan Providers/COVID19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
    No. I (and everyone else around here) don't know ANYONE who's been tested, not even friends of friends of friends...so we're all just wondering, guessing, hoping...we cannot know for sure if they don't test anyone

What we do know is that around January and February, several people (DCKs, DCPs,family, friends..), displayed a lot of the same symptoms.... those who went to the doctor/hospital were ALL diagnosed with a viral respiratory track infection but tested negative for the known viruses. What was different about this year sickness, is that the symptoms went up and down in severity, it was if the sickness kept reoccurring over and over in the same person. One day you thought someone was all better, only to learn they were sicker than ever withing a day or two later.

One DCP thought after days of being miserable, that she was finally almost over it, the next day she ended up in the hospital in a panic cause she couldn't breath..she had ALL the symptoms fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue...., but that was before they reported the first US case, so no one even thought
    she could be infected with the Coronavirus...she was dismissed the same day, her illness was diagnosed as pneumonia (like all the severe cases) and weeks after that she is still fighting her symptoms, yet no one suggest she gets tested

There is a lot I don't understand about this whole thing!
    Boy those cases sure sound like this virus! So has all of them recovered now?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
      Boy those cases sure sound like this virus! So has all of them recovered now?
      Most of them did, they just can't get rid of the cough, others seem to be on a never ending cycle, they're fine for a few days and then they get all the symptoms back.

Comment

My niece was in Italy over the summer with the same symptoms, they (her mom and her) blew it off as her asthma acting up in a new country. The roommate that she was paired up with was from China.
        My other sister went through symptoms like Gemma friends, she kept going back to the doctor and would get dignosed differently each time.

As for my DC, out of eight enrolled, I have three coming. With the pt schedules they have, one family comes MW and the other TTh. DH is working from home for now and my two kids, especially my oldest is getting cabin fever.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
          I just don't get the TP shortage . I think it will be out for quite awhile. I bet you do miss your assistant! How many have it where you live?
          We have 3 confirmed cases in my county. Like many others, I believe there's many others who have had it or currently have it that aren't eligible for testing. Or it's mild enough that it's not requiring medical care.

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
            My niece was in Italy over the summer with the same symptoms, they (her mom and her) blew it off as her asthma acting up in a new country. The roommate that she was paired up with was from China.
            My other sister went through symptoms like Gemma friends, she kept going back to the doctor and would get dignosed differently each time.

As for my DC, out of eight enrolled, I have three coming. With the pt schedules they have, one family comes MW and the other TTh. DH is working from home for now and my two kids, especially my oldest is getting cabin fever.
            Crazy! I think it's been around alot alot longer than they think or are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
              We have 3 confirmed cases in my county. Like many others, I believe there's many others who have had it or currently have it that aren't eligible for testing. Or it's mild enough that it's not requiring medical care.
              We are up to 36 in Saginaw County. Like you said though so many are mild so they either attribute it to something else or aren't tested, so you have to wonder what the true number is.

Comment

Working...
              X