Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Ques. Regarding Illness w/All New Coronavirus Stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Ques. Regarding Illness w/All New Coronavirus Stuff...

Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?

If none of her conditions are contagious then it’s your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      If none of her conditions are contagious then it’s your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.
      Thank you! :-)

Comment

I would refuse too. No one is allowed to bring any kind of illness into my home right now. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Comment

I also would exclude upper respiratory infections right now.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by WBee View Post
            Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?
            I have a similar situation with one of my dck. I told mom her kiddo needs to be 110% healthy to return. People should understand, things are different for now.

Comment

Working...
            X