No announcement yet.

Accepting DHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I am, the county pays. They only pay once a month for the month prior so you have to provide care, food, supplies, etc., for the entire month and then bill the county before the 5th of the next month. They pay around the third week of the follow month. The county sets the rates they pay and the parents’ share, which is about 25%, that is paid to me each Monday by the parent.

They will only cover the actual actual hours parent is working with a half hour allowance for before and after work for pickup and drop off. So if a parent drops off a child and doesn’t go to work, the county doesn’t cover that day. I then have to bill the client directly for the difference.

They do cover a minimum of sick days and also days the child is absent if they are with the other custodial parent up to a predetermined number of days.

It is a hassle, but there is a huge demand for subsidized care in my area as most providers don’t accept it.

The biggest issue I have is once I agree to accept it, I must charge everyone the same rate for the same service. So if I have one subsidized child from one family, and three children from another that are not subsided, I cannot give the family with three any type of discount.

Just more ways for the government to control how I do business.

Comment

Working...
    X