Napping Babies near Other Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napping Babies near Other Children

Im going to try to describe this the best I can.
    My living room and daycare room are separated by a wall but the doorway is open. I like to nap the littlest babies in the livingroom so they are close by and not back in a bedroom. The other Kids play in the daycare room. The problem im having for the first time is a very loud. She happy shrieks, squeals and bangs everything. She is only 14 months adjusted so she obviously doesn't know what she is doing.
    Im at a loss. I have very crabby babies because they can't sleep. She is constantly waking them up everytime I get them to sleep. I have sound machines and music going. It's not helping.

And ideas on what to do? Do I just need to move the 3 month olds into the bedroom for nap? Help!!!

I would nap the babies in the other room. For your sanity. I have a Similar set up as yours. Been set up this way for 5 years and it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie928 View Post
      I would nap the babies in the other room. For your sanity. I have a Similar set up as yours. Been set up this way for 5 years and it works well.
      So you would nap the 3 months old down the hall and in a bedroom? I want to make sure I'm understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
        So you would nap the 3 months old down the hall and in a bedroom? I want to make sure I'm understanding.
        I would not recommend that. :hug: That is why the provider did not notice when my son stopped breathing.

Maybe create a play space in the bedroom for the screecher, instead? Move her there when she wakes. Maybe even have her a nap mat in there until she progresses past this phase?
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

My 12 children nap in the same room. I run two fans and kiddie music. Children under 12 months are in pack and plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            I would not recommend that. :hug: That is why the provider did not notice when my son stopped breathing.

Maybe create a play space in the bedroom for the screecher, instead? Move her there when she wakes. Maybe even have her a nap mat in there until she progresses past this phase?
            Its the morning naps that are getting interrupted while the screecher plays. Screecher only takes an afternoon nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
              My 12 children nap in the same room. I run two fans and kiddie music. Children under 12 months are in pack and plays.
              Do you have any really loud kids? I havent had any issues until now. This little girl is just so loud and the babies cannot sleep through it.
              For clarification, its the morning naps that are getting interrupted while loud CDG is playing (she only takes an afternoon nap). I have sound machines with white noise right under the cribs and music in the daycare room but she is so loud... like i have a headache everyday loud.

Comment

Have they tested her hearing?
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

When is morning nap? I readjusted my program to do Storytime and table activities with the toddlers while babies slept.Maybe take loudest toys away at that time.I know the "screamer"is just playing could you have things like playdoh or puzzles to keep the excitement down?Its so hard to get babies adjusted .

Comment

Do you have any really loud kids? I havent had any issues until now. This little girl is just so loud and the babies cannot sleep through it.
                    For clarification, its the morning naps that are getting interrupted while loud CDG is playing (she only takes an afternoon nap). I have sound machines with white noise right under the cribs and music in the daycare room but she is so loud... like i have a headache everyday loud.
                    My loud, boisterous dcb15mos is on a cot directly near the fan and a sound machine. He hollers “momma” when
                    He wakes a couple times during nap but ?? Not sure how loud your loud one is. 😊. I do give my loud one a book sometimes and consistent ssshhh while the others sleep. I have found when I whisper to him he tries to whisper as well. It would be worth having your little
                    Ones ears checked?

Comment

When I have infants who nap in the morning, I have the other kids work on crafts or play with Playdoh at the kitchen table. They tend to be much quieter sitting at the table doing an activity than when they're free-playing. If a toddler is too young to actually do the craft I have planned, I'll give her/him a piece of construction paper, a clean paintbrush and just enough water to wet the brush. They have fun "painting" the paper. If they're using Playdoh, I sit next to the youngest one so I can help and make sure the Playdoh isn't being eaten. Usually, the kids will play with Playdoh for as long as I let them so the infant can get a good nap in. (Babies who are new to my care have to be within my sight at all times so they're sleeping in a bassinet in the same room as the other kids and most still manage to get some sleep.)

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                        My loud, boisterous dcb15mos is on a cot directly near the fan and a sound machine. He hollers “momma” when
                        He wakes a couple times during nap but ?? Not sure how loud your loud one is. 😊. I do give my loud one a book sometimes and consistent ssshhh while the others sleep. I have found when I whisper to him he tries to whisper as well. It would be worth having your little
                        Ones ears checked?
                        Yeah her hearing is fine. She was born 23 weeks and has everything followed closely.

Comment

More info:
                          So the issue I'm having is during morning nap when the 3 month olds are napping and the 12+ month toddlers are playing. DCG is 14 months adjusted but developmentally closer to my almost 1 year old. I only watch kids under 24 months so I don't thinks is really appropriate to try and have them do table activities for 1-2hrs so they will be quiet.
                          DCG is just happy and loud. Im not sure what else to try to get the little babies to sleep through the noise.

Comment

In my state they can sleep down a hall in a bedroom however the door has to stay like half open and the lighting has to be enough that you can see the color of their skin and of course the room has to be daycare safe even though they are in a pack n play

Comment

I must have misunderstood your set up. My srt up is that my main daycare space is my living room and morning room, the two are connected. My home office/ where the baby sleeps is connected to my living room, door stays open baby gate there. The room provides less stimulation and I am right there, able to keep my eyes on baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X