Baby Sweats a Lot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Sweats a Lot!!

Ok guys I know the reasons babies sweat. I also am not new to this and have almost 100 kids full time under my belt, and a special needs child.

New baby started today and sweats a lot. I went to the bathroom and had to put them in the crib for maybe 3 minutes, super fast. I came back and they were soaked head to toe from crying. Sweat beading up on their nose, ears, hair wet dripping down the scalp.

5 months old and owlet caught a 202 heart rate and resting in my lap feeding afterwards 167. Not out of range but I have never had a kid sweat this much.

I am not taking that owlet off of them (though I know that isn't a hospital-grade device but better than nothing). I will be talking to the parents about it at pick up, tactfully, more inquiry like.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sounds like runs of SVT but I am not familiar with an Owlet.

Edit: A quick internet search shows those things giving a lot of false highs and unnecessary trips to the ER. :confused:

If the parents are concerned they can have a strip run at their peds office.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Yeah run high or not. Reviews are mixed. I thought the same thing. Autonomic nervous system dysfunction and higher risk of SIDS.

I am freaking out a bit, she looks like a heart attack patient if I am honest.

Comment

Any family history of diabetes? Is she wheezing? Any other respiratory symptoms?
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

She seems like she hyperventilates. I normally see that in toddlers, NOT babies. No wheezing. I don't know the family history.

Comment

It could very well be a congenital heart defect and having them voice their concerns to the ped certainly can't hurt. Ruling it out would be a good thing.

Comment

Yeah texting with them now. I am going to have them do that. Thank you for confirming what my gut was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaycarelogin View Post
                Yeah texting with them now. I am going to have them do that. Thank you for confirming what my gut was thinking.
                Anytime.

Comment

Working...
                X