Term Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term Letter

I have typed this up for a family who brought their 6 month old today after she received immunizations this morning (I have a 48-hour exclusion policy for immunizations) and mom told me I would 'just have to watch her for reactions today'. I'm done with these folks. Would you all include any further information? My dh says to suggest they may want to consider a nanny. I'm too mad right now to think that through.

Dear thoughtless, rule-breaking parents,

In the last few weeks, it has become apparent that my daycare policies no longer are a good fit for your family. This letter will serve as your two-week termination notice. Care will be terminated on Thursday, February 6th. Your last invoice for care will be sent on Thursday January 30th.

Signed,
    Me

Thanks for the help, guys.

I would add in that any further contract or policy violations during the notice period will result in an immediate termination.

Comment

May I ask why you accepted the child into care when you have a 48 hour policy?

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
        May I ask why you accepted the child into care when you have a 48 hour policy?
        Honestly? I just messed up. I am not confrontational by nature, and I just completely dropped the ball. The mom knew she was breaking my policy, but I absolutely should have stood up to her. I have in the past, but today...I don't know...I caved.

We have had a few disagreements in the last couple of weeks, so this one threw me for a loop. I just didn't expect the disrespect so soon.

Comment

It is with a heavy heart that I write to let you know that I will no longer be able to provide care for X. It seems that my programs policies are no longer a good fit for your family. This letter will serve as your two-week termination notice. Care will be terminated on Thursday, February 6th. Your last invoice for care will be sent on Thursday January 30th.

Signed,
          Me

Just added a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post

It is with a heavy heart that I write to let you know that I will no longer be able to provide care for X. It seems that my programs policies are no longer a good fit for your family. This letter will serve as your two-week termination notice. Care will be terminated on Thursday, February 6th. Your last invoice for care will be sent on Thursday January 30th.

Signed,
            Me

Just added a little bit.
            Thanks. This sounds so much better, and is the thoughful letter I was wanting to write. I just couldn't quite get my emotions there. Thanks again!!

Comment

I’d term immediate today at pick for disregarding the 48 hr policy.

No way would I provide an additional two weeks for this family to be even crappier.

Comment

DCP

This is notice of immediate termination of our child care agreement.
                Effective today. 1/21/2020 No further services will be provided.

Failure to abide by program policies as well as a direct disregard for the health and well being of others in care have made it impossible to remain enrolled in ABC Daycare.

Signed,
                Done being walked on

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  DCP

Failure to abide by program policies as well as a direct disregard for the health and well being of others in care have made it impossible to remain enrolled in ABC Daycare.

Signed,
                  Done being walked on
                  I agree.

There is no way I'd expect her to abide by ANY policies during the term period. It's best just to cut ties and not have a domino effect going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    DCP

Signed,
                    Done being walked on
                    Agreed!!! This might be a much better way to go for this situation.

Comment

Well, that didn't go well. Mom is freaking out and texting every few minutes asking me to reconsider. Telling me they will not be able to find quality care for their girls in 2 weeks.

I need to have a glass of wine and go to bed. But I am glad I went ahead and ripped the band-aid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post
                        Well, that didn't go well. Mom is freaking out and texting every few minutes asking me to reconsider. Telling me they will not be able to find quality care for their girls in 2 weeks.

I need to have a glass of wine and go to bed. But I am glad I went ahead and ripped the band-aid off.

I've been there. I wait a bit and then respond only once about the decision being final. They did not appreciate the quality care they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post

I guess she should have thought about that before she treated you like a doormat!

Comment

Going to jump in here regarding termination, for a different reason. (I can’t figure out how to make a new post).

DCB5 does before and after school care. I didn’t realize what I was getting myself into at the beginning of the year. First 3 months were fine but lately it has been ROUGH. Terminated care and gave 3 weeks notice (minimum for non safety related issues in my policy). I was very respectful and said it had nothing to do with the kid or the parents. Parents flipped out, are posting on social media about it, and complaining and trying to get me to bend the rules for them even though I said I was only doing full day care now. I am beside myself... I work so hard and pour so much into these kids and the parents just think about themselves. They are talking about having to quit their jobs because I didn’t wait until the end of the school year to change my program. I even started to help them look for care but as soon as I saw what they were putting on social media I was just done.... not even wanting to see them tomorrow...

Comment

Do an immediate termination for defamation of character online. Do not let them in your home and let then know you tried to handle this professionally but they have now made it a hostile environment and you no longer feel comfortable. Then block them on all social media sites.

Are you licensed in BC?

Comment

Working...
                              X