Lunch and Nap Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post
    That's a lot of food each day. Do your kids not eat dinners with their parents at the end of the day?
    A lot of programs are beginning to serve dinner for the bigger write-off. We can write off three meals and two snacks per day (some even offer evening snack). My rate: Breakfast $1.33, lunch/dinner $2.49 and snacks $0.74. I would have more deductions by serving dinner after nap than snack. Deductions are money in the bank.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      A lot of programs are beginning to serve dinner for the bigger write-off. We can write off three meals and two snacks per day (some even offer evening snack). My rate: Breakfast $1.33, lunch/dinner $2.49 and snacks $0.74. I would have more deductions by serving dinner after nap than snack. Deductions are money in the bank.
      So do the kids still eat with parents at night? It seems like going from dinner at 2:30 to breakfast at 9 the next day is a long time. Or maybe that was a snack? I can’t see the post in my phone for some reason.

Comment

So do the kids still eat with parents at night? It seems like going from dinner at 2:30 to breakfast at 9 the next day is a long time. Or maybe that was a snack? I can’t see the post in my phone for some reason.
        I don't see why they would not. Most don't get home until after 6 pm (many centers don't even close until 6), then they have to cook dinner so kids would be eating between 6:30-7:30 pm. 5 hours is a long time without something to eat during waking hours for kids.

When I worked in a center it was common practice to give kids a little something so that they could secure them in a highchair to mop the floor a few minutes prior to closing.

The rules state kids cannot be in high chairs unless they are eating, so tossing a few cheerios on the trays gave them the ability to strap them in and call it a snack but the true goal was to mop the floor so they could get out of work on time. It was the only way since some child was always still in the room at 1 minute to closing and the director would crawl all over you if she could not walk out and lock up on time. Overtime was treated almost as a crime.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I don't see why they would not. Most don't get home until after 6 pm (many centers don't even close until 6), then they have to cook dinner so kids would be eating between 6:30-7:30 pm. 5 hours is a long time without something to eat during waking hours for kids.

When I worked in a center it was common practice to give kids a little something so that they could secure them in a highchair to mop the floor a few minutes prior to closing.

The rules state kids cannot be in high chairs unless they are eating, so tossing a few cheerios on the trays gave them the ability to strap them in and call it a snack but the true goal was to mop the floor so they could get out of work on time. It was the only way since some child was always still in the room at 1 minute to closing and the director would crawl all over you if she could not walk out and lock up on time. Overtime was treated almost as a crime.
          Gotcha! I guess I was confused by the ‘dinner’ at 2:30. Makes sense to do dinner instead of breakfast.

Comment

Gotcha! I guess I was confused by the ‘dinner’ at 2:30. Makes sense to do dinner instead of breakfast.
            It is a reimbursement/tax write-off thing. I'll clarify since I don't think I did a great job explaining it, lot's of noise here today. ::

Many serve breakfast ($1.33), lunch ($2.49) and dinner ($2.49), then an "evening snack" ($0.74) at closing (cheerios/goldfish) while they mop. They skip the morning and afternoon snacks since they don't pay well. $7.05 per day/per child write off vs $5.30.

By adding a few cubes of cheese/meat, a few ounces of milk and a serving of veggies to your usual afternoon snack you take your write-off from $0.74 to $2.49 per child/per day. It is served at the usual time for afternoon snack, just called dinner so they can check the dinner box on the meal count forms.

Comment

It is a reimbursement/tax write-off thing. I'll clarify since I don't think I did a great job explaining it, lot's of noise here today. ::

Many serve breakfast ($1.33), lunch ($2.49) and dinner ($2.49), then an "evening snack" ($0.74) at closing (cheerios/goldfish) while they mop. They skip the morning and afternoon snacks since they don't pay well. $7.05 per day/per child write off vs $5.30.

By adding a few cubes of cheese/meat, a few ounces of milk and a serving of veggies to your usual afternoon snack you take your write-off from $0.74 to $2.49 per child/per day. It is served at the usual time for afternoon snack, just called dinner so they can check the dinner box on the meal count forms.
              This makes total sense! Hmmmm...might have to make a few changes myself. I never considered this!

Comment

Working...
              X