Payment Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Options

So I think I discovered today that I am old school in how I receive payments even though non of my parents have every said anything. So I was wondering the ways you receive payment from your parents that does not charge you a fee that is easy. I was told about Venmo and Cash? anyone familiar or have any other ones you use that you like?

Many banks have Zelle, I like it and it's free. I also have used facebook pay, also free.

Comment

I use Zelle
      Love it!

Comment

What’s the difference between Zelle and Venmo? Do either Charge a fee? Thanks

Comment

I haven't heard of Zelle, I'd like to know the difference as well. Also do you offer just one of these or do you accept many? I feel like I would offer one and if they don't want to do it then they would need to just write a check.

Comment

My clients pay through autopay on KidKare.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              My clients pay through autopay on KidKare.
              My brother used venmo when his kids were in college and several daycares use it around here. Right now, all pay with check or cash but I know checks will gradually become extinct. I give each parent a receipt regardless of how the pay. I just think I need to come up with another option as times are changing.

Comment

I was also told Zelle or Venmo as a great way to get timely payments electronically.

I downloaded both apps. I went with Zelle as they had the easiest sign up option. !

Venmo could possibly have something Zelle offers but I don't know....I was too lazy to follow through with the sign up process since I had already completed the process via Zelle so I just went that route.

So far it's worked great and I have gotten immediate payments even when I am closed so that is nice.

The ONLY down fall I've come across so far is that I have 2 parents that bank at a small local bank and that bank doesn't participate with Zelle.

If you go to the Zelle website on your PC (not the app) you can look up any bank to see if it participates with Zelle or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                  My brother used venmo when his kids were in college and several daycares use it around here. Right now, all pay with check or cash but I know checks will gradually become extinct. I give each parent a receipt regardless of how the pay. I just think I need to come up with another option as times are changing.
                  I like kidkare because it auto invoices, emails statements, direct deposits, records it on the tax forms and w-10's for me. Very little work for me. I give one receipt per year in January with one click to the printer. It is $1 per payment and I can choose to pay it or have the client pay it. The program is $8 a month and also does all meal counts, time/space and expense reports. I literally keep no paper records anymore until I print in January for my accountant. I don't need to. I can edit invoices easily (recurring invoices), it really is a win-win for me.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Oh, it also does all enrollment forms and attendance. I almost forgot to mention that. I don't use the food program so don't bother with the menu sections, the rest of the program is just really useful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                      I like kidkare because it auto invoices, emails statements, direct deposits, records it on the tax forms and w-10's for me. Very little work for me. I give one receipt per year in January with one click to the printer. It is $1 per payment and I can choose to pay it or have the client pay it. The program is $8 a month and also does all meal counts, time/space and expense reports. I literally keep no paper records anymore until I print in January for my accountant. I don't need to. I can edit invoices easily (recurring invoices), it really is a win-win for me.
                      This is EXACTLY what I need! I actually have KidKare for free via my food program sponsor to enter meal attendance however all the other functions you've mentioned here are disabled. Oh well, you get what you pay for! I am thinking now to obtain my own KidKare subscription so I can do everything you are.

I've been using Quickbooks (very expensive!)which sends an invoice to parents' inboxes, they click pay button, enter bank account info and voila! I get paid. Does KidKare invoicing/payment work the same? How long have you been using it?

Comment

Venmo cannot be used for business. They state it in their agreement. If there is ever a discrepancy with a payment, they will side with the parent because you broke their terms of service. Also, Parents can take back payments after the transition.

I use kinderlime as invoice through there. I have the option of having the parents pay the transaction fee so it's free for me if they pay online. I still accept checks and cash for those who do not want to pay online.

Comment

Originally posted by dolores View Post
                          This is EXACTLY what I need! I actually have KidKare for free via my food program sponsor to enter meal attendance however all the other functions you've mentioned here are disabled. Oh well, you get what you pay for! I am thinking now to obtain my own KidKare subscription so I can do everything you are.

I've been using Quickbooks (very expensive!)which sends an invoice to parents' inboxes, they click pay button, enter bank account info and voila! I get paid. Does KidKare invoicing/payment work the same? How long have you been using it?
                          I started using it back in 2009, I believe when it was MMK Pro. It sends the parents an invoice, saves their payment info and gives them a quick "approve payment" option. They do it on the porch if they forgot to do it over the weekend before drop-off on Mondays. No pay, no stay. Credit cards tend to go into my account on Wednesdays, ACH on Thursdays, all available in my account by Friday. (my bank holds 24 hours)

There were a few problems when they made the ownership change a couple of years ago, but I have not had one glitch since I changed to Saturday invoicing. When I did it on Mondays, it always got messed up due to holidays and glitches it seemed. It took so much stress off of me I gained about 10 hours a month back to my life in paperwork alone.

Comment

I am really interested in using Zelle, do you get immediate payment or do you have to withdraw it like venmo to your account? Also what type of a reciept do you get for that? Since I do checks I am able to document the check number and the amount of payment? thanks

Comment

I was wondering if anyone who uses Zelle can tell me if you get some type of a receipt with payments or how you document when your parent pays with zelle like a tracking way??

Comment

Working...
                              X