WHY Didn’t I Close on the 26th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY Didn’t I Close on the 26th?

I just had a mom drop off and tell me that, since her husband only has Christmas Day off, so dd will be coming all week (which is really only Thursday from 11-3. She doesn’t come on Friday). I just realized this week that I definitely should have taken the 26th off, so i was hoping maybe parents just wouldn’t bring their kids. Looks like that isn’t going to be the case.

Oh well, hubby will be home, so maybe the day will go quickly!

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post
    I just had a mom drop off and tell me that, since her husband only has Christmas Day off, so dd will be coming all week (which is really only Thursday from 11-3. She doesn’t come on Friday). I just realized this week that I definitely should have taken the 26th off, so i was hoping maybe parents just wouldn’t bring their kids. Looks like that isn’t going to be the case.

Oh well, hubby will be home, so maybe the day will go quickly!
    :hug:Never count on the parents to do anything, just fix your contract like you want it. I was originally closed Dec. 20 thru Jan 1, but this past week, I sent out a memo and changed it to Dec. 23-Jan 3 opening back up Jan 6. The more I thought about it, I didn't wanna come back on Jan 2. No one said anything "to my face" and I get paid before I close for these weeks. Of course, that is 27 years worth of learning and it has become a little easier but each and every holiday I'm reminded of my wonderful mentors that helped me accomplish this.

Comment

Is she off the 26th?I would ask her and if she is I would take it off. Especially if that is the only one coming.Frankly I would send a notice home saying due to low enrollment for that day you have decided to stay closed until Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rosieteddy View Post
        Is she off the 26th?I would ask her and if she is I would take it off. Especially if that is the only one coming.Frankly I would send a notice home saying due to low enrollment for that day you have decided to stay closed until Friday.
        She is the first I have heard from. I have another family with 2 girls who will most likely be here. Mom doesn’t take off work, and dad doesn’t ‘babysit’. But honestly, I guess each family doesn’t really know the others’ schedules.

Comment

I hear you.
          I'm closed/paid every year from 12/24-1/1.
          I didn't officially close Monday 12/23 this year but I should have because I know I'll have at least one family here. The one that lives two doors down and is always home.

But, I only have myself to kick in the arse. I should know better. If I want the day off, I need to take it off because these days, it's rare to find a dc family that actually wants to spend time with their children.

Comment

I stayed open most of the week because I have no plans this Christmas and it affords me the opportunity to make a little extra to pay for the playroom upgrades I made this year. I did take Christmas Day to be fair to the kids. You know someone would bring them.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              I did take Christmas Day to be fair to the kids. You know someone would bring them.
              👆not intended to be a funny. Not only would someone but someone’s and it would be from open to close. They do gifts either Xmas eve or Lickety Splikley an hour before the kids were due at daycare Christmas morning and bring them in their Rudolph jammies because they “refused to take them off” needing breakfast because they were too excited about their presents to eat. The parents would go home and have some them time and a nap. They would be late picking them up because their phone alarm didn’t go off.

You would be hard pressed to assemble a decent size group of kids who didn’t include a few who would be there on Christmas if they could be.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
                👆not intended to be a funny. Not only would someone but someone’s and it would be from open to close. They do gifts either Xmas eve or Lickety Splikley an hour before the kids were due at daycare Christmas morning and bring them in their Rudolph jammies because they “refused to take them off” needing breakfast because they were too excited about their presents to eat. The parents would go home and have some them time and a nap. They would be late picking them up because their phone alarm didn’t go off.

You would be hard pressed to assemble a decent size group of kids who didn’t include a few who would be there on Christmas if they could be.
                So sad, but so true!

Comment

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy mom but I have fretted about this Christmas as my sons are 16 and 18 and what can I come up with for Christmas Day morning. While I have figured it out for another year, I know gradually this will end as they grow up and move on. But I can't imagine taking my littles to daycare when I am off for the Holidays! :confused:

Comment

Its only Tuesday ,send a notice tonight ."Dear Parents daycare will be closed Thursday December 26th.'I would also put a note in entryway tomorrow morning reminding of closures through both holiday weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post

This is so spot-on.

Comment

I'm sorry!

I originally closed 12/23 through 1/2 but then a parent asked for clarification if I was closed 1/2 or opening again and I was worried she'd be upset if I was closed so I said Open and told all the parents. Since then that parent has left...

Once again I'm reminded to stick to my guns.

Comment

Its only Tuesday ,send a notice tonight ."Dear Parents daycare will be closed Thursday December 26th.'I would also put a note in entryway tomorrow morning reminding of closures through both holiday weeks.
                          I thought about doing this, but feel like i would have to tell them they didn’t have to pay, and I would take a $200 hit.

Comment

Can't you use a sick or personal day.

Comment

Can't you use a sick or personal day.
                              I’ve used them for the year. It may be worth taking the hit. Especially since my dh is off work.

Comment

Working...
                              X