Christmas Gifts/Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Gifts/Celebration

Does anyone give christmas gifts to children in your care and/or have a holiday party for families?

I get all the kids pajamas. The girls all matching and the boys matching. I give them to them the day before the last day I am open before Christmas. We have a pajama day (they all wear their matching pajamas) and we watch some special Christmas shows!

Comment

I get the kids a little gift and I also get the parents a gift. I think I spent $12 a kid this year and found a really good deal on cyber monday for a picture gift for $2 (happyface) for the parents. I have a family that only comes 1 day a week, so I didn't get them anything. Maybe I'll bake them some cookies or something.

We don't do a party. We'll probably just watch some Christmas movies on the last day before break and have an easy, laid back day!

Comment

We have Polar Express Day. They all wear their pj's. We play Christmas music and make apple bread to take home for their families (makes the house smell amazing!). We read the book (my son bought me a special edition many years ago as it was one of my favorites many years before the movie came out)
        They get a printed train ticket and we set up chairs like a train. Then we watch the movie, have hot chocolate and each child gets a bell before they go home.

Comment

I bought them all gifts to take home and will have a small Christmas party during snack. They will also take home the ornament they made for their own tree.
          - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Thank you all so much! These are all great!

Comment

The kids all get a small gift from me that includes a book, I try not to spend more then 10. I only have a small group of up to 5 max so it's not to expensive. They also do a small gift exchange between them (gifts brought home to open), for a few years I had a couple family's gifting all kids, so I cut it back to do am exchange.

Christmas eve I'm only open to noon, so we watch a movie for our party and have a fun lunch. Earlier in the week or week before we do lots of crafts, make ornaments for parents, and decorate cookies.

Comment

The dollar tree had packs of 6 foam ornaments so I got three kinds for my 12 kids. They will make those then we made an ornament where you make the bow out of a piece of yarn the length of your child with a cute saying about how tall they were in 2019 from pinterest. Putting them in treat bags to be given to parents. We bought the kids gifts (puzzles or matching game and a shape sorter for the little one). My parents bring things to be taken to the nursing home. We will have pancakes and wear pajamas on Monday, December 16 to complete all of this work. Then I am working through Dec. 23 but nothing major going to happen at daycare except for funtime and maybe some old time rudolph, frosty, etc. movies. Then not doing daycare again till Jan 6, which is the date of my annual QRIS assessment. Yep I'm a glutton for punishment but want it over that bad. Just come on and get'r'done!!!!

Comment

I try to stay within a $10 limit per child also. This year the boys each got a truck set and the girls each got a "hairdorable" whatever that is... New novelty toy my daughter wanted. The youngest got a baby doll set and they all get a coloring book with their toy. Last year big kids got Melissa and Doug wood jigsaw puzzles and younger ones got chunky puzzles. We do a laid back "party" day with a Christmas movie, maybe a craft or cookie cutting, a treat at snack time and open gifts after snack. We do it the last day of care before Christmas also. The kids make gifts for parents. This year we are putting a thumb print reindeer on an ornament, sugar cookies, and 1 or 2 more crafts I haven't decided on yet. We'll probably do a holiday craft/project 3-4 days next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                    Monday, December 16 to complete all of this work. Then I am working through Dec. 23 but nothing major going to happen at daycare except for funtime and maybe some old time rudolph, frosty, etc. movies. Then not doing daycare again till Jan 6, which is the date of my annual QRIS assessment. Yep I'm a glutton for punishment but want it over that bad. Just come on and get'r'done!!!!
                    Nice! I am also working on the 23rd, I only closed the 24th-25th this year. I am also due for my assessment at any time in the next 30 or so days. I knew they would not show up today because I am at half ratio, nothing is broken, no infants came today, no loose dogs are running through the neighborhood, my neighbor is not burning leaves filling the playground with smoke, the toilet is not overflowing, none of my fingers are in bandages and everything is spotless.
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                      Nice! I am also working on the 23rd, I only closed the 24th-25th this year. I am also due for my assessment at any time in the next 30 or so days. I knew they would not show up today because I am at half ratio, nothing is broken, no infants came today, no loose dogs are running through the neighborhood, my neighbor is not burning leaves filling the playground with smoke, the toilet is not overflowing, none of my fingers are in bandages and everything is spotless.
                      :: SO TRUE!! Also, what is QRIS assessment? I've been seeing it mentioned here and there. Probably a dumb question but I'm curious

Comment

I get the kids inexpensive Christmas books and the parents a little something. This year my daughters school was doing a chocolate fundraiser so I got them all a small box of chocolates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo123ABC View Post
                          :: SO TRUE!! Also, what is QRIS assessment? I've been seeing it mentioned here and there. Probably a dumb question but I'm curious
                          Where the state stays with you 4-6 ours grading you on many different areas and then gives you a report card.....don't you wanna be a part of that??::

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                            Where the state stays with you 4-6 ours grading you on many different areas and then gives you a report card.....don't you wanna be a part of that??::
                            Sounds super fun! :dislike: :: I'll pass!

Comment

FCCERS - https://www.ersi.info/fccers.html
                              Materials list (14 pages) - http://center-elp.org/wp-content/upl...-Checklist.pdf
                              Scoresheet - https://www.ersi.info/PDF/FCCERS-RSS8-09.pdf
                              Textbook - https://www.kaplanco.com/product/135...n-spiral-bound

It is super fun. My state posts the scores on the website so if you don't participate your name drops to the bottom and they shame you in commercials during family dinner time for being "low quality". Even after 25 years of operation without a substantiated complaint or documentable injury. We just love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X