No announcement yet.

"I Don't Like it Here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With most free K-4 programs struggling financially since states can't continue to afford it without increased Federal funding, all of those kids will be in this position soon. Most programs are going to half-day or 3-4 days per week to survive. All of these kids will have to find part-time care somewhere, all of them will struggle with the transition. All of them.

We have to deal with it in a logical way, not emotional.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      What makes you think he already has a lot on his plate?
      every week comes to a place just for one day. For some kids, it can be very stressful. Especially if the kid doesn't make friends easily and if daycare doesn't have other kids of his age and, as a result, doesn't have activities and toys for that age.
      She said that once she allows him to rest on a mat and he did it a whole day. To me, it is a sign, that the kid really has a lot on his plate and needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        every week comes to a place just for one day. For some kids, it can be very stressful. Especially if the kid doesn't make friends easily and if daycare doesn't have other kids of his age and, as a result, doesn't have activities and toys for that age.
        She said that once she allows him to rest on a mat and he did it a whole day. To me, it is a sign, that the kid really has a lot on his plate and needs help.

Where did the OP say there are no other children his age?
        Where in her post does it say she provides no activities or toys that are developmentally appropriate?
        What part of her post said he has trouble making friends?

Hmm, I wish I was that intuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Do you....or have you ever taken care of a multiple ages of children for 9 hrs a day...for more than 1 or 2 days a week? What is your child care experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Kay View Post
            Do you....or have you ever taken care of a multiple ages of children for 9 hrs a day...for more than 1 or 2 days a week? What is your child care experience?

I have a very busy family daycare with a long waiting list. 15 years I used to work as an elementary school teacher and middle school math teacher. I have been working with multiple ages of kids for 12 hours a day 5 days a week during the last 10 years.

Comment

"I don't like it here"

""I love it here!" Then ignore. It's a power play and like Nanny D said...it's between him and his parents.

Not the provider's job to somehow make him like it.

Comment

Working...
              X