Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Opening a Daycare in a One Bedroom Apartment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Opening a Daycare in a One Bedroom Apartment?

I am really wanting to open a daycare in california. I know most of what i need to do it and have lots of experience but I am curious how it would work in a one bedroom. Also what do some of you charge in california how many people charge hourly? Also any advice for a newcomer is welcomed.

I am sorry that I really can't be helpful BUT please read your lease. Before we bought our house we lived in an apartment. Our leased specifically said NO AT HOME BUSINESSES INCLUDING CHILDCARE

Comment

Look into the square footage requirements first and remember in most states it is “usable square footage” not just total.

Comment

Noise and neighbors!

Comment

Naptime would be beyond challenging.

Comment

My usable space requirement indoors is 35 square feet per child. Any area with furniture is subtracted from the total space. It must be free space.

Playground space is double, must be fenced and clear of water/animal hazards and transportation is frowned upon. How would you meet daily outdoor time requirements?

It is possible, you just need to really plan things out in advance.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
            X