First Trimester Exhaustion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Trimester Exhaustion!

I recently found out I am pregnant and currently around 7 weeks. My only symptom at this time that really is affecting my day to day activities is extreme fatigue! Usually between 1-3 pm I become so tired I can barely hold my eyes open!! Right now I have my 20 month old daughter, 6 yr old son, and 2 dcb's, ages 11 months, and 6 weeks. And as you can imagine none of them nap at the same time so I can't even sneak in some shut eye while they are asleep! I don't know how I'm going to make it through this first trimester without a afternoon nap! Anyone else ever been through this with some advice or suggestions?

I feel your pain. I am 6 weeks and tired too! I have no ideas however I will be checking back to see if anyone has any. ; )

BTW: what are you going to do for maternity? Close/find a sub? How long? Plans? I don't have a sub I can count on but am looking for one.

Comment

I just opened and my first client just started 1 month ago and the next starts on Monday. They are both infants and I definitely want to keep them for a long time so I've decided I'm just going to hire a sub for anywhere from 2-4 weeks to cover for me! How about you? What are your plans?

Comment

I just wanted to say congratulations to both of you. Sorry I don't have any advice though.

Comment

Hi,
          Congradulations on your pregnancy! I'm ttc and know it will be tough to get through the day. I sometimes lay down next to the kids while they are falling asleep, (it really helps them settle down) I close my eyes and "pretend" to sleep for the 5-10 mins until they are sleeping. I never really sleep, but almost and it does seem to help me feel more rested. Or if they are still in the pack and play I sit in a chair next to them and rest my arm on the side and my head on my arm. I also find that if I can manage to wash my face and brush my teeth mid day that helps perk me up. Good luck!

Comment

I have done daycare for 2 yrs and didnt start until after my maternity ended with my first so I am still unsure of what I will be doing. I would like to be off for 4 weeks for sure and then take back only one child for 2 weeks or so. (a super easy, quiet one- whom my son plays with really well.) Then once I get back into the routine I think at about 6 weeks or so I will take back the rest. I was off for 6 months with the last one so 6 weeks has been giving me nightmares already. = (

However, I have tried locating subs for the whole 6 weeks in case I can't physically/mentally do it. No luck so far. And I know some of my parents would appreciate that however I am wondering how much it will be worth it with the cost of subs and the lack of rest I can imagine getting with all the DCK's and a sub in my house everyday.

Comment

Working...
            X