Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Care for Infants?

Do you care for infants?

If you do, what is your program age limit?

If you do NOT, what starting age do you offer care for?

Originally posted by TaylorTots View Post
    Do you care for infants?

If you do, what is your program age limit?

If you do NOT, what starting age do you offer care for?
    The State requires infants be 6 weeks before beginning daycare in my state. I only take infant siblings at this time. Just too many restrictions when it comes to infants for me. BC has an awesome form about infants I share with clients before enrollment.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
      The State requires infants be 6 weeks before beginning daycare in my state. I only take infant siblings at this time. Just too many restrictions when it comes to infants for me. BC has an awesome form about infants I share with clients before enrollment.
      Oh she does? Hmm... Reopening in the late spring here and I'm debating.

Comment

Same as Annalee I'm licensed from 6 weeks up.

Comment

Dont tend to take them, but most Canadians if working have at least 12 months of mat leave. I get a couple that may start at about 10 or 11 months. I would take them as young as 6 ish months though if I had a parent requesting.

Comment

I only keep 1 infant at a time and generally only a new sibling. Infants are a lot of work, unpredictable at times as far as schedules (bottles, naps, etc) and there's a lot of risk (SIDS) so I don't prefer to take them, but I only keep 4 children and I like to have 1 of each year, so it's kind of necessary at times.

I would have to really be comfortable with the family and desperate to fill a spot to take an infant from a new family though. I've taken as young as 8 weeks old and 4 months old from previous families. For new families, 6 months would be my minimum age.

Comment

I do! I personally love having infants. Plus, when they start that young, it's easier to get them on your schedule.

I've had several of my kids now since they were 6-7 weeks old.

Comment

I take children birth to six.

Few jobs here offer maternity leave. 3-7 days old is very common in care.
                - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Canadian here as well and the norm is 12 months, although now the mat leave has increased to 18 months so I am getting more of those requests so not exactly infants anymore.

Comment

In Alabama we can take them at six weeks of age

Comment

I am the odd one out, and don't accept infants. I am just too worried about SIDS.

Comment

I do. Usually, they start at 12 - 16 weeks old.
                        They stay with me up to 5yo. They know me and my rules as well as their parents. I know them pretty well too. I love it.

Comment

I have an infant/toddler daycare.
                          I take babies 6 weeks to 24 months.

I am just reopening after a 2 year break. Once we have enough interest, my husband will join me at the daycare. We can take 10 kids under 2 with the both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                            I take children birth to six.

Few jobs here offer maternity leave. 3-7 days old is very common in care.
                            You have babies as little as 3 days old
                            I would love that as a provider, but would hate that as a mother.

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
                              I have an infant/toddler daycare.
                              I take babies 6 weeks to 24 months.

I am just reopening after a 2 year break. Once we have enough interest, my husband will join me at the daycare. We can take 10 kids under 2 with the both of us.
                              we must have one adult for every two kids under 2yo.(((

Comment

Working...
                              X