Holding Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Spots

I will have an infant opening starting in February. I have a current family who recommended me to a co worker who is due with their first child in December. They wouldn’t need care until April. I will be interviewing them in November.
    With my current numbers and ages, I am thinking I don’t want to take another child until spring anyway.
    Would you still charge a holding fee for February and March?
    Obviously, I don’t know for sure that I will offer them the spot, since I have not met them yet and have only done pre interview questions. Just trying to decide if I would/should charge a holding fee for potential new families who want to start after February.

Originally posted by maelb05 View Post
    I will have an infant opening starting in February. I have a current family who recommended me to a co worker who is due with their first child in December. They wouldn’t need care until April. I will be interviewing them in November.
    With my current numbers and ages, I am thinking I don’t want to take another child until spring anyway.
    Obviously, I don’t know for sure that I will offer them the spot, since I have not met them yet and have only done pre interview questions. Just trying to decide if I would/should charge a holding fee for potential new families who want to start after February.
    Yes I would charge. Only because I have families back out at the last minute after I have turned away muplitple other potential families.

Comment

Originally posted by maelb05 View Post
      Your spot is open in FEB... I would charge @ least half fee to hold the the spot as I too have had families back out last minute; why should you have to lose $ because they don't want child to start @ 8 weeks Vs 16 weeks? Charging full fee isn't unheard of - you are a business & have bills just like everyone else

Comment

I charge full rate from the very first Monday the slot is available. If they don't want to pay, I give the slot to the next family on the list.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          I charge full rate from the very first Monday the slot is available. If they don't want to pay, I give the slot to the next family on the list.
          Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
            Same here.

The only thing I am willing to hold are babies themselves.
            The rest isn't MY problem.

Comment

Working...
            X