Well That's a New One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well That's a New One

Maybe it's because I haven't had any caffeine yet, but I found this way too funny.

Had a lady call yesterday about care. Emailed her my Policy Handbook/ Contract for them to look over before setting up an interview. Got her reply overnight.

She red penned it and sent it back with the changes that would make my "employment" fit their needs!!!!!! :confused:

Not big changes y'all. She just

Took out the late fee section
    Changed payment date from first Monday of pay period to the last Friday
    Took out 2 paid holidays (my Birthday and Anniversary)
    Deleted the rule against toys from home
    Changed the provision that parents have to use their vacation weeks in full week increments and not piecemeal day here/ day there.

I don't think my response will be to her liking. ::

Don't worry- I kept it professional no matter how much I wanted to reply with "ARE YOU @#$%ING KIDDING ME!!!!"

Oh my. Lol How could you stay professional? Maybe it's easier writing it out to them but after I got done laughing my response to a person like that, I'd have to tell them sorry, that's not how it works. UNLESS she'd like to pay for insurance, and every single thing an employer pays for. Has she never had her kid in dc before? Wouldn't she be a piece of work to enroll??!!

Comment

NO.WORDS.

Literally, I have no words for this. Please tell me you were at least a little sarcastic in your response?! Hahaha

:confused:::

Comment

Oh dear!!! WHAT did you say back? I think I would enjoy letting them know that my policies aren't negotiable and it doesn't seem like we would be a good fit

Comment

Oh my goodness!

Comment

Ok this lady took things up a notch. We have a new bar set for parental behaviour. Looking forward to whomever tops this

::::

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
              Ok this lady took things up a notch. We have a new bar set for parental behaviour. Looking forward to whomever tops this

::::
              i don't know what would top Dave but I did have a call yesterday with a someone asking if I would discount the second child alot because they had two children but couldn't afford but one child care slot?????:: I don't have any openings but told them I would put them on the waiting list and she said no because I wouldn't offer a sibling discount

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ac114 View Post
                  NO.WORDS.

Literally, I have no words for this. Please tell me you were at least a little sarcastic in your response?! Hahaha

:confused:::
                  No because I knew if I was a little sarcastic I would be a LOT sarcastic. Just told her I wouldn’t be scheduling an interview as they weren’t a good fit based on a basic misunderstanding of professional/ client relationship. I did give the advice that any program willing to make concessions/ changes like that (especially before even meeting) would be a program they probably wouldn’t like.

Comment

Of course we will need an update if she responds!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                      No because I knew if I was a little sarcastic I would be a LOT sarcastic. Just told her I wouldn’t be scheduling an interview as they weren’t a good fit based on a basic misunderstanding of professional/ client relationship. I did give the advice that any program willing to make concessions/ changes like that (especially before even meeting) would be a program they probably wouldn’t like.
                      Aw man, we were counting on you for some good head-shaking entertainment for this Friday, not such a professional courteous response. And you had the perfect opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                        Aw man, we were counting on you for some good head-shaking entertainment for this Friday, not such a professional courteous response. And you had the perfect opportunity.
                        Every once in a while self control gets the better of me. I really was laughing too hard to be snarky. The level of cluelessness exhibited was frankly too stunning to mock.

Now if she responds & it's equally ridiculous all bets are off.

Comment

It's like "Im sorry you thought this was negotiable. I would love to go to all the businesses I use and change their contracts, sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the laughs"

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                            Now if she responds & it's equally ridiculous all bets are off.
                            ::::::::::::

Comment

Originally posted by HHangout View Post
                              It's like "Im sorry you thought this was negotiable. I would love to go to all the businesses I use and change their contracts, sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the laughs"
                              ::
                              Cant believe people think a business contract can be changed. There wouldn't be one then.

Comment

Working...
                              X