State Funded Pre-K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Funded Pre-K

We've got one going to kindergarten in the fall and several that have been accepted into the pre k program at the local school because they had several on the waiting list and decided to open up another classroom.
    Is it helpful or hurtful to the centers and homes as far as enrollment and the amount of children? As of today we currently have 31 on roll between infants and school age

Originally posted by springvalley112 View Post
    We've got one going to kindergarten in the fall and several that have been accepted into the pre k program at the local school because they had several on the waiting list and decided to open up another classroom.
    Is it helpful or hurtful to the centers and homes as far as enrollment and the amount of children? As of today we currently have 31 on roll between infants and school age
    This is happening in Tennessee, too. Prek classes bring federal funding to schools and they don't want to turn it down. No matter how overcrowded the school becomes nor how certain classes are literally in broom closets, federal money is too appealing.....and no matter what a child care program offers, they can't compete with "free". It is income-based but if the spots aren't filled, they move on to "any" child may attend prek. I have some that leave for prek, some that choose not to, but "free" is the key word in a parent's mind.

Comment

It has been that way here since my own grown children were toddlers. Plenty of parents still choose private care because of the lowered standards of free.

Free does not generally pay or treat their staff well and it festers.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
      X