Night Childcare Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Childcare Routine

:hug:Greetings friends, could someone help me, I need a routine example for night care 6pm - 12am.
    Thank you

Here, we have to stay awake during opening hours so it can get tricky. If we are open at night, we must close to sleep during the day.

I guess it would depend on when the children are expected to sleep? If parents work night shift you may be expected to keep them up so they sleep on the parents' schedule. If so a regular schedule would work just in PM. I am sure that would have to change for school-aged kids, though.

Have you asked parents what schedule they are expecting?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I used to run shifts and stay opened till 12:00am and I stayed awake until all the kids were gone.

Comment

night childcare routine

Thank you for your attention, our night shift covers from 6pm to 12am and we should have a routine for children this should include dinner, snack some activity, preparation to sleep alone that is not sure what kind of activity, usually are children of 2 -4 years.

Comment

You don't want it to be too stimulating. Can you offer a choice? Maybe some fine motor skills activities (sorting, puzzles, nesting/stacking), with the option of sitting and listening to a story instead?

Comment

ours was:
            6pm dinner
            630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
            7-715 snack
            715-745 PJs and teeth
            745-8pm getting in bed, story
            8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
            We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.

Comment

night childcare routine

thanks a lot.your answer is very useful

Comment

6pm dinner
                630 clean up and quiet activity like puzzles
                7pm free play with low light and manipulatives. I used TV trays. The kids could play with small lego blocks or draw etc on a tray over their laps.
                730 bedtime routine including tooth brushing, pajamas, potty, wash face hands etc....story, then bedtime by about 8pm.

We are allowed to go to bed ourselves once the kids are asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_babyb View Post
                  ours was:
                  6pm dinner
                  630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
                  7-715 snack
                  715-745 PJs and teeth
                  745-8pm getting in bed, story
                  8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
                  We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.
                  You gave them a snack half an hour after dinner?

Comment

Working...
                  X