Newly Creditable Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
    How would you serve coconut that made it a choking hazard?
    I never served it!
    Maybe I'm overprotective, but I think the texture of coconut itself is too hard and chewy for the young kids in my group,

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
      I never served it!
      Maybe I'm overprotective, but I think the texture of coconut itself is too hard and chewy for the young kids in my group,
      dried coconut is hard and chewy, fresh is pretty soft. Like an under ripe mango.

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko View Post
        Grits. Kinda like wallpaper paste...but less flavorful.....
        ::::
        WHAT

en garde!

Seriously. Grits, like baked potatoes, are a medium for cheese, salt, butter, and bacon. CLEARLY. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
          I know popcorn and coconut (I would never serve either for fear of chocking) I have no idea what the rest of them things even are ..I feel so uneducated!
          I was reading the list and thought the same thing.

I do know what hominy is though but being from the north it is not something served here.

As for the kernel free pop corn....is that even real popcorn?

One of my DCD's is a driver for a potato chip company ....Old Dutch...I think they are regional and not known across the US but I don't know....anyways he brings us huge boxes of chips and pretzels and pop corn (cheese popcorn YUM!!) and all sorts of yummies!

Every time he's even a half a minute late, he comes with a family size bag of cheese popcorn in hand! lovethis ::

Comment

I looked for popcorn in my kidkare menu today, and didn’t see it there yet. Has this gone into effect yet?

Comment

Working...
            X