No announcement yet.

I Hate to Complain but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, it'd be annoying but would let it go. If they made a habit of it I'd bring it up and ask them to adjust their hours accordingly, or let you know the day before or something. Yes, I've had breakfasts prepared for a certain number of kiddos and had the numbers change drastically. I've held onto my bathroom needs for the same reasons another poster mentioned. My hours have been 7-5 and I have a couple dcfs contracted for those hours, JIC, yet they usually pull in at 7:30ish. Once in awhile I'll need to make a run to the store at 7 so I'll send a text telling them I'll be back by 7:05 and ask if that's a problem.
    It bothers me a lot more when they tell me they're picking little Johnnie up at 3 and still come at their regular time of 5.

Comment

Yea I ended up not saying anything, but at pickup I did ask if she was dropping off in the morning. She is normally here at 7:30. Today it was 8:00 because Jr wouldn't "let her" change his diaper and then it was a 15 minute tantrum after that and then she had to fight him to get his coat on. I never have any problem at all with him. Wait until he's 3 if she thinks he's a challenge now

Comment

Another option is a fee for unannounced very late arrivals. In the past I’ve had families who were super inconsistent with drop offs and they were my first family scheduled to arrive in the mornings. This was back in the later swing shift DH days, andalso DD wad younger. I explained that if I knew eta, I could use my time better.

It’s not so much of an issue for me anymore like it used to be back then. I guess it’s a matter of just how much the situation is cramping your style.

Comment

I always love it when I am up and ready to go and everyone is late! Its like a little blessing that I get to lounge around, enjoy a second cup of coffee. I can see it being irritating though for sure . Unfortunately my early kid is NEVER late

Comment

I'm up at the same time everyday, so it wouldn't make a difference to me. Communication would be nice, though!

There's a family that I open 20 minutes early for, but was supposed to start in June. So, I'm not expecting early drop offs until next month. Guess who has showed up early 3 days this month with no notice? Yeah...not happy.

Comment

I would either change your hours to what you want to work or be ready at your opening time. I switched mine to 8am for this very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
                Another option is a fee for unannounced very late arrivals. In the past I’ve had families who were super inconsistent with drop offs and they were my first family scheduled to arrive in the mornings. This was back in the later swing shift DH days, andalso DD wad younger. I explained that if I knew eta, I could use my time better.

It’s not so much of an issue for me anymore like it used to be back then. I guess it’s a matter of just how much the situation is cramping your style.
                In WI we're required to contact parents if their child is dropped off late without notice. My policies say that I charge a $5 fee for this "service." My parents are good about letting me know when they're late so I haven't had to charge it yet, but I would if I were annoyed enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  I would NOT be okay with that.
                  Outside of normal hours, ANYTHING special is available ONLY when it's respected. Not showing up on time without notice would eliminate their option of using care outside my normal hours of availability.
                  I made them text me every morning when they leave the house. When I get the text, I get up and get ready. If they don't text by a certain time, I get up for my next in. They're the family with 2 kids that I recently termed, so that was one of many frustrations I had. I let them stay way longer than I should have....

Comment

In our center we open at six and close at six. We serve breakfast from six until eight wnd and a morning snack at nine. The majority of our kids show up before six DC during the school year and during the summer after eight depending on our schedule for the week

Comment

Working...
                    X