Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do Home Providers Afford to Pay an Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
    When I started to read, I thought you were going to say that anything goes in Texas. I kinda wish it did!
    Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Jupadia View Post
      It's not even the government, it's a private agency.
      To be licensed in Ontario you have to go through a provite agency (that the Gov dose gove person to to license home daycares). The agency then ends up getting you kids but take up to 30% (depending on agency) per child. Parents pay agency and agency pays you. So you are a provite home daycare who ends up working for an agency. As well you get monthly inspections done by them, and a yearly done by the ministry of education (who in charge of daycare linces here). They also supplie things like daily and monthly schedules for provider or can lend equipment like pack n plays. There are also rules and regulations you have to follow aside from ratios.
      For most home providers expessially those with experience it's not worth it to get licensed. Since unlinced providers have no rules and regulations to follow all I have to worry about is ratios. (Though I do more and run it much the way a licensed provider would).
      Apparently these rules are changing. Many licensing agencies are now going with an “administrative model” where the provider has all of the control they would have without a license. They want more of us to become licensed so they are realizing they need to make it work for us. I am an ECE and even with the administrative model they won’t allow you to take more kids and I would get inspected by an ECE. Does not make any sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
        Wow, only two for legally unlicensed? At that rate, it would never be worth it for a legally unlicensed provider to take part-time family, unless they charged a huge amount of $ for pt time.

Just curious...are there any states with stricter rules than your state that you are aware of?
        I know of a few where you can't take any kids at all before you are fully licensed, Inc MD where I grew up

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
          In Texas, there’s no such thing as legally unlicensed. You can’t even care for one unrelated child for pay in your home without being either: listed, registered, or licensed.
          If I remember, a listed home can have 3 unrelated kids, but you can have up to 12 if they are related to you. So, if I could round up enough grandkids, nieces, nephews, cousins, I could have 12 kids. Makes no sense. Do they think I will lower my care standards if they are family?

Comment

Working...
          X