Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Those of You Who Don't Potty Train....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boy_mom View Post
    I feel like a child ready to potty train picks up the skill within a few days. It doesn't have to be perfect, hence the pull ups, but the concept should be completely understood by the child. I always encouraged kids as they learned the skill, assisting them as they mastered the process.

What I didnt indulge was the parents who potty trained for a very extended period of time, with the parent doing the reminding to go, placing them on the potty, sitting there for a half hour with books and then calling that potty training.

Nope! A child needs to be aware of what they are doing and actively engaged in it all, which can happen in a few days once they are ready to do it!
    That is true. Our son was a week over being 3 years old and he was 100% done in 1 week. No accidents ever. Our daughter on the other hand. Good lord. Took forever!

I have a dcg right now that mom and dad bought her a watch that is in the shape of a toilet and it goes off with music every hour. Yea thanks momma. That thing went up on the counter! They live about 10 minutes away. She came in this morning and it went off. She says do you have to go potty? Ok, if she went before leaving home, she doesn't need to go now in the middle of drop offs. I said I will take her in a bit with the other dcg that is potty training.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
      I couldn't agree more! Not to mention that putting pullups on a child that is not potty training is a pain as you have to take the pants all the way off to change. You don't have to do that if they're going on the toilet because they're not wet.
      THIS is the reason I don’t do pull ups here. I have a niece that turned two in December and she has been in pull ups since then and has gone on the potty exactly zero times. Like why? My cousins child as well but she is 3 months older and actually does use the potty, but only when you put her on it. I had them both for a day in February and I just did not understand the pull up reasoning AT ALL.

Comment

I think pull ups are great for kids that are potty training but I have had kids sent here in pull ups who haven’t even begun potty training and I don’t understand why. Maybe the parent thinks their child is somehow advanced if they wear pull ups?

Comment

Originally posted by storybookending View Post
          THIS is the reason I don’t do pull ups here. I have a niece that turned two in December and she has been in pull ups since then and has gone on the potty exactly zero times. Like why? My cousins child as well but she is 3 months older and actually does use the potty, but only when you put her on it. I had them both for a day in February and I just did not understand the pull up reasoning AT ALL.
          That's the thing. If they're not going through the potty training process, there is zero reason for them to be in pullups. I don't get why parents do it. Aren't they more expensive? While they are training, they're much easier imo than diapers.

I have 2 girls training right now. One has advanced to underwear (2 weeks dry, no accidents) the other is still in a pullup but doing well.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. If he comes Monday and somehow a switch has flipped... Great! But I'm a bit skeptical considering his complete lack of interest here. There's no way this kid is walking in on Monday telling me he needs to potty. We'll see....

Grandma told Mom that she was potty trained by 1.5......of course, Grandma also revealed that it happened through her spanking her. Mom said she didn't agree with that, but here we are months later with Grandma helping with a potty training weekend..... This should be interesting...

Comment

Working...
            X