Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts and Policies Handbook .. Recommendations

Looking for suggestions!
    I have just signed up for a program in our state and it's time to add things (some mandatory with the program) to my contract. I decided to completely re-write my contract and separate policies pages since I'm making those changes.

Currently I have everything combined in one packet. Here are some I've been thinking about adding/changing:
    Fees
    How snow days are handled
    Provider holiday
    sick policy (something to help with dope & drop issues)
    How to pick up and drop off with ease

I searched the group and still sifting through past threads to find ideas. Are there checklists or threads that you would recommend?

I've been wanting to do this for a while..Now's my chance!! Don't want to miss anything I've found many great recommendations of policy phrasing and how-to's here in the past but now that the pressure is on to make this happen I'm losing track of where I have seen things.

We have a policy manual that all parents must read and sign (but they never read it just sign it) before their children are going to start coming to our center, that has all of the policies that you mentioned but also include what we must do if someone different comes and picks up their children

Comment

For me, simplification made all the difference in my work/life balance. Instead of 100 different rules for everyone to trip over, I kept the rules short and direct. Bullet points, really. ::
      • Tuition is based on enrollment, not on attendance. Full rate is due whether attending none or all five days of any given week. If tuition is 24 hours late, your child's slot will be offered to the next child on the waiting list, barring true emergency at my discretion. All cubby contents, artwork, and final W-2 will be mailed to the home address on file. Notice of termination of the contract is not required, no enrollment or termination fee's apply. Online payment or cash, only. W-2's provided.
      • Federal holidays occurring during the week and listed in your contract are paid. Discounts will not be given.
      • I do not charge for any personal days, vacations or federal holidays that occur on a weekend. These will be indicated on your calendar with the appropriate discount noted and applied to your invoice.
      • No diaper bags, toys or food from home will be allowed. Diapers, wipes, formula, meals, snacks, hair care accessories and over the counter products will be provided.
      • Each child must have a complete change of clothing, to include shoes and socks, to be kept in their cubby. No open toed shoes allowed, year round. Playground/water shoes, bathing suits, and pj's provided.
      • $1 per minute early and late arrival fee. No drop off after 9 am, No pick up from 1-3 pm, unless child's doctors' appointment, with advance notice.
      • Do not send sick children to childcare. Return to care will be allowed after 24 hours, symptom-free, without fever-reducing medications.
      • If a child is sent home sick from daycare the minimum exclusion will be 48 hours and 24 hours symptom-free, without fever-reducing medication.
      • Knowingly giving a sick child fever-reducing medication before dropping off to childcare in an attempt to mask symptoms will result in immediate termination of childcare services. Mild ill care is available upon request.
      • All behavioral issues will be assessed and managed on a case by case basis as a team with parental input and cooperation.

I go over this in the interview verbally, send out periodic reminders and have a FAQ section on my website.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
      X