No announcement yet.

Gather Round Y'all - It's Story Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for the public school system before re-opening this year, and cabs are contracted to transport some students - usually those who either have special needs or who have been deemed 'homeless' and have moved out of their school's area, but they are provided transportation to continue at the school and not have more disruption in their lives. (not that either applies here, but they are the common reasons for a cab.) The driver is consistent, so is like a bus picking up every day.

That said, I don't give up my time lightly, and would already be over waiting for someone to show up. If you tell me you need me at 7, you'd better be here at 7, KWIM? I think this family would be a hard pass for me.

Edited to add: If she called me 'young lady', I might just ask for pick up right then. That just doesn't hit me well. It seems very condesending. :confused:

Comment

Yeah...you all gave awesome points. It's almost comical how much of a mess this is.

I woke up this morning feeling wishy-washy about terming and my husband was like, "You should read your post on the forum again." ::

I'm going to let whoever picks the kids up today know this will be their last day.

Comment

Oh my goodness Those poor kids, this sounds like total chaos! Reminds me of my sister in law having to send her 5 year old on a City bus to get to daycare

As for not reading policies that is just par for the course in my experience! Most people do not take our jobs seriously enough to read a policy book. I have posted menus and still had parents ask me what we had for lunch ::

The only way I would go forward is if I had a very confrontational face to face conversation with them letting them know you are *this close* to letting them go if they don’t get their act together. Once parents know you mean business and realize they need YOU more than you need THEM they shape up

Comment

Update...

After the mess of a day yesterday, I was once again expecting them to come today at seven. By 8, I texted mom and dad to see if they were coming:

Me:Good morning,
          Are the boys coming today?

Dad: No there not.

Me:Okay, thanks for letting me know.
          Unfortunately, I will not be able to take care of the kids from here on out. I will email you a receipt for yesterday's tuition.

Dad: Okay

The End...Hopefully.

I guess I'm glad we didn't have some kind of huge confrontation, but it's kind of like studying all night for a test that the teacher decides not to have the next day. ::
          Oh well.

Comment

Yikes... I wonder what in the world....

Sounds like they have a super chaotic lifestyle and you just don't need to invite that into your life...

Their monkeys, their circus!

Glad you are done with all that! happyface

Comment

Yowza! What a hot mess! The cab thing would be a definite no for me, but so would all of the other issues. I doubt you will see any money, but not having to deal with them anymore would be payment enough for me!::

Comment

Originally posted by BGM View Post
                I guess I'm glad we didn't have some kind of huge confrontation, but it's kind of like studying all night for a test that the teacher decides not to have the next day. ::
                Oh well.
                That's EXACTLY what it is like!! How anti-climactic! I'm sure they saw it coming...

I'm glad it worked out :hug:

Poor kiddos though!

Comment

Wait until mom finds out!!! Hopefully she is as equally apathetic

Comment

Glad it worked out. And you didn’t have to worry about the confrontation. Sounded like that family was going to be way too much to deal with!

Comment

Glad they moved on before the situation got any uglier.
                      Now...got any other stories to tell us?::::

Comment

I think you dodged a lot of mental exhaustion with that one.

Comment

Glad they’re out of your hair. Don’t be surprised if you get a call from DCM either mad at you or begging for a few days they “really need” care for.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma View Post
                            If I think of any more, I'll let you know::

Comment

Sounds like a parent who it's all about them. Or maybe she needed care to cover a providers' unexpected time off? Also sounds aggravating. :: Glad it's over for you.happyface

Comment

Originally posted by BGM View Post
                                my husband was like, "You should read your post on the forum again." ::
                                :: :: ::

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                                Wait until mom finds out!!! Hopefully she is as equally apathetic

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                                I think you dodged a lot of mental exhaustion with that one.

Originally posted by Gemma View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X