Getting Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
    I had strep a couple of weeks ago. Now I think I have a sinus infection, but I have a terrible cough and now DD has a cough and is losing her voice (she had strep also) and all three daycare kids here have a wet cough, too.

And the county schools closed today because so many of the teachers are sick.

ICK.
    Yep... 3 weeks ago sinus infection... yesterday I had to leave work early, was going downhill fast; Strep it is. My poor client was so worried I had the flu, she was fussing over me, told me to lay down in the spare room etc etc. She's 85 & in a wheelchair... the last thing this stroke patient needs is a contagious illness. She's such a doll though when it comes to her caregivers. I drive from Blount to Monroe county 3-4 days a week to care for her

Comment

Apparently strep is going around here, although when I went to the urgent care the medical assistant said most everyone coming in here thinks they have strep and it's coming back negative so it's probably not, i'm like ok well my husband tested positive here yesterday. The pharmacy said tons of people filling antibiotics for strep so it is going around. Now our 21 yr old son may be getting it, we will see.

Comment

I have yet to get sick (knock on wood). I purchased the DAB product several weeks ago and use it multiple times a day. Several of the other members on our products panel also mentioned in their survey that they have not gotten sick yet even though their family members were. I really think this stuff works. The down side is that there really is no way to prove it.

Comment

What is a DAB product? I usually never get sick, this is the first time in a few years, other than very minor cold I had last year, and I have yet to get a cold this year. How we got strep I do not know. Only thing I can think of is my hubby has been going to PT, we haven't really gone anywhere much so I think maybe he picked it up at one of his physical therapy appointments.

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
            What is a DAB product? I usually never get sick, this is the first time in a few years, other than very minor cold I had last year, and I have yet to get a cold this year. How we got strep I do not know. Only thing I can think of is my hubby has been going to PT, we haven't really gone anywhere much so I think maybe he picked it up at one of his physical therapy appointments.

Comment

One of my dck and I caught "allergies" from another dck last week. Runny nose and sore throat, although my case was much milder than their's.

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. It is so hard to work when you feel like crud. Here's hoping your afternoon flies by!:hug:

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
                when I went to the urgent care the medical assistant said most everyone coming in here thinks they have strep and it's coming back negative so it's probably not
                I went to urgent care, they took a swab, the nurse practitioner came in and said I tested negative for strep, took one look at my throat and said,

"That's strep. They just missed picking it up on the swab."

So maybe whoever's taking the samples at your urgent care is just bad at their job.

Comment

Working...
                X