Storage for Medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage for Medication

I was wondering what others use for all non-medications for storage? Our state requires a locking thing kept away from children? Just curious what others use.

I use a plastic tool box with a combination padlock.

Comment

I have a lock box with a key, in my fridge for my dog's medication and a lock on my cupboard where I keep all my other medications.

Comment

We have a tackle box in all the classrooms that we store all meds and chemicals in that is locked

Comment

Just a regular fishing tackle box?

Comment

@tenderhearts, yes its just a regular tackle box that has a hole drilled through the top and side to put a lock through

Comment

Here is a previous thread regarding storage of medication: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89101

Comment

I use an electronic safe. In my previous home, I was able to use a higher shelf in my hall closet and just put a lock on the closet door. Unfortunately, my current house has NO hall closet, NO linen closet and NO pantry. What was I thinking?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
                  I was wondering what others use for all non-medications for storage? Our state requires a locking thing kept away from children? Just curious what others use.
                  What are "non-medications"?

Comment

Cleaning products maybe?

Comment

Do you mean things like bug spray, neopsorin, or sunscreen?

Comment

blackcat, sorry I guess that doesn't make sense. Like non prescribed OTC stuff, sunscreen, creams, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
                          blackcat, sorry I guess that doesn't make sense. Like non prescribed OTC stuff, sunscreen, creams, ect.
                          Oh, gottcha! I just wasn't sure what you meant and I was thinking if it's not medication why do you need to lock it up? LOL!

That makes sense now though.....

I store sunscreen in each child's cubby as they all have to supply their own. The cubby baskets aren't accessible to the kids on their own so it's never been an issue and things like diaper cream etc are mostly just stored with diapering supplies and those arent accessible to the kids either so I don't "lock" any of those things up.

I don't keep or allow prescription medication to be brought into care so that isn't something I need to do either.

Thank you for clarifying

Comment

blackcat, that is how i have done it for years, although state regulations do state they are to be stored away from children under lock. None of my inspectors have had issues with it, ever, but I have a new lady and she is new and is very to the t on everything. She did her unannounced visit a couple months ago and I have never had door knob covers on any of our doors in our hallway, this is not near my daycare area but she said because they could potentially go down there I needed to have them. I told her no one has ever said anything but had to do it and boy is is a pain. So I just want to be sure when she does my inspection on Wednesday I'll be covered.

Comment

Working...
                            X