Non-Stop Coughing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Stop Coughing

DCG4 gets a nasty dry cough every 2-3 months and it lasts a few weeks every time. Mom is in denial that it could be allergies. Today she is coughing and gagging while crying because she's tired of coughing. I text DCM, she says to make sure she's spitting out any phlegm that comes up because she just keeps coughing the same phlegm up.

Is that a thing? Doesn't phlegm come from the lungs and when you swallow it goes to the stomach?

I just feel bad for this girl because she is miserable when she gets into a coughing fit.

Originally posted by gumdrops View Post
    DCG4 gets a nasty dry cough every 2-3 months and it lasts a few weeks every time. Mom is in denial that it could be allergies. Today she is coughing and gagging while crying because she's tired of coughing. I text DCM, she says to make sure she's spitting out any phlegm that comes up because she just keeps coughing the same phlegm up.

Is that a thing? Doesn't phlegm come from the lungs and when you swallow it goes to the stomach?

I just feel bad for this girl because she is miserable when she gets into a coughing fit.
    No matter what the issue is, she is clearly not able to participate as normal. I'd send her home. Poor kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by gumdrops View Post

I would also send her home. That’s not fair to her or you.

Comment

This would be a definite send home as per my policies. A child coughing like this needs to go home, maybe then mom will wake up from her denial and get her child some help. SMH, some parents

Comment

Black radish with honey for cough It has long black radish with honey was considered the most reliable immuno-effective antimicrobial ...

it is an anti-cough recipe from my childhood. Very simple and effective. I recommend it for all my customers. It really helps.

Comment

Odds are that it's drainage from her nose. If it was from her lungs that would be pneumonia or something.

It could be allergies or maybe she catches a munch of sinus bugs.

For my own child, I would give vitamin C to help with the drainage etc. Idk what to say to the mom though. I'm with the others--I don't allow constant coughing here. She needs to find a solution even if it's anti-cough stuff from her pediatrician.

Comment

I have a little cousin, age 2, who has a chronic cough. It turns out that she has asthma. Maybe you could suggest this to the DCM as well, perhaps the little girl needs an inhaler :c

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
                http://great-beemaster.blogspot.com/...for-cough.html

it is an anti-cough recipe from my childhood. Very simple and effective. I recommend it for all my customers. It really helps.
                I love that idea for a dry cough! That made me remember another thing we do here: sipping on full cream milk can help coat a dry, tickly cough.

Seems like they need to see a doctor though. We can't diagnose online here.

Comment

Working...
                X