No announcement yet.

Other Ways to Accept Payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read about similar cases to what BC has mentioned with accepting Venmo payments. I have a hairdresser that accepts Venmo. I’m honestly shocked the company itself (Venmo) cares about things such as this. Wouldn’t the more people using your services(app) be better? I know it was originally created for rent splitting and things of that nature but jeeze let your business evolve or let your competition apps such as Zelle take over and take all of your profit. Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      A friend used Venmo to have her parents pay her.

One of them got upset about something and flagged her Venmo account and Venmo reviewed her account.
      Recognized she was accepting money for services and closed her account.

She said she was out some money (I don't know the details) and Venmo said she couldn't get refunded as she signed the user agreement when signing up stating she was not collecting funds for the sale of goods or services.

I went online to read reviews of Venmo after hearing that and read enough negative reviews to scare me off.

I signed on with Zelle instead.

I do not know of anyone else that has had issues with Venmo but I didn't want to risk it either way.

Thank you, good to know. I had the parent use PayPal for now because I already had an account. It actually went pretty smooth and quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
        I use Zelle

It’s instant and has no fees

I’ve had zero issues using it
        I switched to Zelle in June. love it. Parents do to. And it is free.

Comment

Working...
        X