Does This Sound Okay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlefriends View Post
    This is exactly what I did, I emailed it so I’d have it in writing and told him I needed next week’s payment no later than 6pm tomorrow or he’d have another $30 late fee. He texted back (instead of replying to my email) that I’m not being fair! What?!
    I love how when parents break the contract they automatically accuse you of being unfair.

Will he owe for the two weeks notice (or however long you require) or do you have a deposit on file for him?

As for online payments, most my parents that don't bank at the same bank I do or have banks that offer electronic payment options use Zelle. It's really easy and immediate.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      I love how when parents break the contract they automatically accuse you of being unfair.

Will he owe for the two weeks notice (or however long you require) or do you have a deposit on file for him?

As for online payments, most my parents that don't bank at the same bank I do or have banks that offer electronic payment options use Zelle. It's really easy and immediate.
      He’s currently nonstop calling my phone because I told him he can’t have his deposit back (I make mine give 2 weeks pay upfront at contract signing and tell them if we leave on good terms they can have it back). Ugh. I hate this part so much!!! I texted and said to stop trying to call me, that I won’t discuss it any further.

Comment

He’s currently nonstop calling my phone because I told him he can’t have his deposit back (I make mine give 2 weeks pay upfront at contract signing and tell them if we leave on good terms they can have it back). Ugh. I hate this part so much!!! I texted and said to stop trying to call me, that I won’t discuss it any further.
        Stay strong! I wish I had your backbone; I'd be too weak to carry through with this but think you are definitely doing the right thing! It's all written down and documented; too bad he didn't read it, take it seriously, or take you seriously.

Comment

I'd remind him that the 2 weeks' deposit doesn't cover his late fee, only the notice period, and that he still owes the late fees. Then, block him. He won't be able to get through with his next rant.

Comment

All my parents now pay with Venmo. Free for both of us, no bank information given out and I receive my money the next day. I get an immediate text as soon as they have made the transfer. I can also "charge" them. They get a reminder text that payment is due. I love it! A few months ago, I had a single dad on vacation in Bali. He sent his payment from the beach....

Comment

Keep holding strong!

I personally would get rid of the part about them getting the deposit back if they leave on good terms... it causes too much of gray area. It should cover the last two weeks of care regardless

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
                Keep holding strong!

I personally would get rid of the part about them getting the deposit back if they leave on good terms... it causes too much of gray area. It should cover the last two weeks of care regardless
                I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
                  Keep holding strong!

Yes, added that to my list of stuff I’m working on for next year’s contracts!! Lesson learned I went out during nap today to mail his kiddo’s stuff back to him, I don’t want him showing up here!!!!

Comment

I don't answer the door. If families need to drop things off after hours (or after they drop off in the morning), they put it in a Dropbox on my porch, just like I would have to do it if I went to another business after hours.
                    I'm closed, doors locked, curtians shut.

Comment

Working...
                    X