Wipes/Washcloths/Papertowels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipes/Washcloths/Papertowels

What do you use to wash up/dry off with before and after meals?

That depends. Do you mean your hands, the kids' hands, the counters..... :confused:

I'm in MN too and I know that we're supposed to use single use paper towels when we and the dcks wash their hands.

For surfaces, I use anti-bacterial wipes.

Comment

I use cloth wipes/wash cloths for everything.

For diaper changes and the kids faces I have baby washcloths soaking in a water/baby wash/olive oil solution.

For cleaning the tables, counters, etc. I just use the walmart wash cloths that are, I think, $3 for a dozen.

And then for napkins I have a couple dozen cute cloth napkins I got on Etsy.
      If you are in the Everyday Napkin fan club (they are great, arent they?) Ive added a new, fun TWIST to the everyday napkin and they are still perfect for everyday use. Need to use some of them for another chore? The solution? Add color! Ive been making these for my house for a few months now and

Comment

unless I'm behind on laundry, like now, I use baby washcloths on the littles, dish rags on everything else in the kitchen. Sometimes I'll use baby wipes...I hate paper towels unless it's really gross.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I use a dishcloth to wipe the table before and after meals.

The children wash their hands at the sink (I have older children that can all do this). They dry their hands with papertowels. I don't like them to share a cloth handtowel to dry hands because we all know they don't always get their hands completely clean and I don't want them spreading germs this way.

Comment

I use baby wash cloths for all the kids, they all have their own colour so they're not ever mixed up. I have enough that they (obvioulsy) get a clean, fresh one every day--although most days they go through a couple.

On the tables and counters I use a dishcloth and at night a Lysol wipe, which I then wipe off again really well.

Comment

Originally posted by kendallina View Post
              I don't like them to share a cloth handtowel to dry hands because we all know they don't always get their hands completely clean and I don't want them spreading germs this way.
              The only way I'm allowed to use cloth hand towels for the kids is for each to have their own (to avoid the spreading of germs). So I have a little coat hook in the bathroom and each child has their own towel with their name on it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I meant what you use to wash kids hands. I go back and forth between using a paper towel to dry after they have washed in the sink and using their own washcloth. Each kid has one and we wash nightly. Here we have to use a new one for each kid each wash so you either go through a ton of paper towels or are doing laundry a lot. And I too have hooks in the bathroom with their pictures on them and each kid has their own color wash cloth. Just wondered if anyone had any better ideas.

Comment

The rules that I have state that if you use a towel you must use a different one everytime.

I love the new klenex towels that I buy. It is expensive and of course not "green" but maybe when I get my own daycare only area I will have multiple wash cloths and a large laundry basket.

I use baby wipes on their faces.

Comment

Baby wipes for faces and I found baby washcloths at wal mart for .97 and there was 6 in a package::. I bought tons. I put them in a baby wipe container every morning and they stay wet

Comment

For drying hands I buy handiwipes and cut them into thirds. I have a bucket they throw them in so I can wash them and reuse. I also have a garbage can that opens by stepping on it......and I put anyting that can compost including the paper towels from washing tables and counters. Thinking about going the cheap washcloth route for that.....but it's just so much laundry! I guess I wouldn't have to fold the washclothes.....they can just be thrown in a bucket until I use them. I go through so many a day though with the 2 step cleaning we have to do in TN. I'm trying to be as green as I can be!

Comment

Working...
                      X