Bathroom for Enrolled Kids Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom for Enrolled Kids Only

I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific.

1) Do you allow prospective clients (kids and/or adults) to use your restroom during a walkthrough?

2) Do you allow parents to use your restroom during pick up/drop off?

Yes and yes.

Comment

I would allow it, but TBH only 1 or 2 have ever asked in over 25 years.

Comment

Yes but rarely has anyone asked.

Comment

My SIL comes in to pick up her kid and uses my bathroom without asking but I don’t ask when I’m at their house either. Heck the first summer I opened girl went inside while we were playing in the backyard and took a pregnancy test :: To say her and I are close is a bit of an understatement though.

I’ve never had another parent ask. Most parents don’t make it past my entryway. I don’t have a bathroom right by the door or anything. I did have an older sibling come in and need to use the bathroom once while picking up her brother. Of course I let her.

Comment

I would allow anyone visiting my home to use my bathroom if they need to. I'd feel uncomfortable saying no to someone who asked to use it. Just curious....Is there a reason you're asking?

Comment

Originally posted by e.j. View Post
              I would allow anyone visiting my home to use my bathroom if they need to. I'd feel uncomfortable saying no to someone who asked to use it. Just curious....Is there a reason you're asking?
              I didn't have any issue with this for several years, either nobody asked or it wasn't a big deal. However, I had a family a few years back that every time her uncle came with her (which was pretty often) to pick up, he would ask to use the bathroom. He made me kind of uneasy any way, but it just was awkward to do every time. Plus it made for a very long, very disruptive pick up.

As for walkthroughs, I feel like parents (only lately) have been using it as a way to see more of my home than I am wiling to show. Not that I have a problem showing the bathroom, but it is at the opposite side of my home from the main area and parents use this opportunity to look into any area they can on their way there.

Like I said, this wasn't an issue for MANY years, but recently it seems to be.

Comment

The only people who ever asked have been siblings of enrollees and a DCM while she was pregnant. I said OK.

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
                  Yes and yes.
                  Same.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
                    I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific.

1) Do you allow prospective clients (kids and/or adults) to use your restroom during a walkthrough?

2) Do you allow parents to use your restroom during pick up/drop off?
                    Yes and yes!

Comment

1- Yes, definitely. That's when the daycare bathroom is probably the cleanest of the week anyway! ::
                      2- Yes. I have a guest 1/2 bath right by the entrance, so it wouldn't bother me. But if it became a habit, I might say something.

Comment

Yes and yes here too.

But I did have a Dcd that would ask to use the bathroom couple times a week. That got old VERY quick. Of course he was an immature piece of work so that probably worked against him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
                          1- Yes, definitely. That's when the daycare bathroom is probably the cleanest of the week anyway! ::
                          2- Yes. I have a guest 1/2 bath right by the entrance, so it wouldn't bother me. But if it became a habit, I might say something.
                          This....

I had a family bring someone with almost daily and atleast 3 out of 5 pick ups, a request to use the bathroom occurred.

I didn't and don't mind occasional use when necessary but in order for someone to get to my bathroom, they have to walk through 2 rooms and if it's not a parent or child the DCK's know, I don't like that. Like I said, once in a while is fine...regularly and I'd probably have to talk with them about it.

Comment

Yes I would for both, but at pick ups I try to scoot them out the door and have the kid mostly ready so there isn't much of a chance to ask. I just find it to be disruptive at pick up time. Also, I have a dad that frequently asks for water or to wash his hands at drop off and I think it's to try to get in my kitchen. I don't have anything to hide and you can see most of it from the entry anyway, but I just don't need him in my kitchen. So I tell him I'll grab him some water and hand him a disposable cup so he doesn't have to stand there and drink it or I bring him sanitizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Indoorvoice View Post
                              Yes I would for both, but at pick ups I try to scoot them out the door and have the kid mostly ready so there isn't much of a chance to ask. I just find it to be disruptive at pick up time. Also, I have a dad that frequently asks for water or to wash his hands at drop off and I think it's to try to get in my kitchen. I don't have anything to hide and you can see most of it from the entry anyway, but I just don't need him in my kitchen. So I tell him I'll grab him some water and hand him a disposable cup so he doesn't have to stand there and drink it or I bring him sanitizer.
                              I had one of those. It was not about seeing my kitchen. His game was intended to lead to another room. Be careful with this one.
                              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X