No announcement yet.

Finding That Spark Again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha Sharlan, I find my days sometimes center around what *I* feel like doing too. You've taken away a lot of my guilt too.

Comment

Just before I was forced to retire (heart attack)I was feeling the same way.I at some level wished for an easy way out.That was not actually easy but it was a way out.I was devastated at first missing "my babies"and the business of the days.It took about 6 months to get myself used to the difference in my daily life.I was lucky that my husband had just gone back to work and we were covered by insurance.I eventually went on disability as I am on a lot of medications to regulate my heart. I miss the children and some parts of the days.I would tell you to do what makes your days happy.More play,routine and pick days for meals and activities just like other posters said.If you can Josie why not plan on retiring soon.Maybe then you could enjoy retiring sooner than later.Good luck.

Comment

Josie, if that dcm brings up the potluck again, ask her when she’d like to host it in her home!

Comment

Josie- can you add some "me time" days off? A day every few weeks aside from holidays to focus on you could be a big help. Otherwise- like Sharlan said do what you want with your program.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
            Josie- can you add some "me time" days off? A day every few weeks aside from holidays to focus on you could be a big help. Otherwise- like Sharlan said do what you want with your program.
            Well, Thanksgiving weekend is coming up, and I just spent 4 days off, being sick, a few weeks ago. And taking the week of Christmas off; cannot wait to see my own kids!!!! Haven't seen my 2 dds since last Christmas and I miss them so much. Have a feeling that might be part of my issue too.

Comment

Ihope you took the day after Thanksgiving off.If not tell them now that you are closed that day.Anice 4 day weekend will do wonders. That day is an easier day to find care from relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by rosieteddy View Post
                Ihope you took the day after Thanksgiving off.If not tell them now that you are closed that day.Anice 4 day weekend will do wonders. That day is an easier day to find care from relatives.
                Oh yes, it's in my handbook as days off; whether or not they all took note who knows. Have to do another note home anyways, to let dcps know of my upcoming schedule, going into the new year.

Rockgirl, I think I might have quieted the dcm down a little bit. Every once in awhile she'll suggest something like bringing a hot dish and she/I could hang out after work. She's such a wonderful and sweet dcm, she really is. But I told her by the end of my days I'm exhausted, and my nights are extremely quiet, just me and my dogs, I'm usually in bed reading by 7:30. No lie there.

Comment

Isn't it funny how sometimes daycare parents forget this is your job.Imagine how they would feel if their boss/supervisor wanted to bring a covered dish .Great I already worked 8 or more hours and you want me to stay late.Not to mention you would still have her child there.So now you are still working or at least having to clean up when they leave.If they leave late unless it is Friday night you will have to deal with a cranky child in the am All kinds of nope.Though we as providers are closer to our work its still a job.Idid know a provider that met with the moms once a month at a restaurant. No children even that for me nope.

Comment

Working...
                  X