New Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Space

My Husband and I recently purchased a new home ! Yay! It has a great separate space for my in-home childcare. Trying to figure out if I need a “ younger” area. It’s one quite large, 600+ sq ft. Room. I have mostly preschool age children and do a lot of one on one activity plus have book area, science, dramatic play set up etc. somewhat more like a center. I do have 2, two year olds and feel they need a place for example with mats etc they can just go to and be more active. Especially When the four yr olds are doing certain activities. Any ideas on creating this. I don’t like play yards.but need to contain in some way. make it look good and functional. And what all to put in it to make it fun. Suggestions please! Thanks!

You might want to engage in some of our social groups like the decor group for ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/group.php?groupid=1

Comment

Thanks I saw that group but not sure how to join?

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh and Learn View Post
        Thanks I saw that group but not sure how to join?
        I sent you an invite to join

I have a separate toddler room for kids under 3 so they have an area set up to meet their specific needs.
        I think it makes a huge difference!

Comment

Can I get an invite too? I need to do some rearranging bad.

Comment

Originally posted by woods View Post
            Can I get an invite too? I need to do some rearranging bad.
            Sent!

Comment

Could I also please get an invite?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedaycare View Post
                Could I also please get an invite?
                Sent!

Comment

best thing I ever saw in a large room, made into two, was a low fence! it was so cute. Just a 3 ft high white fence with a latching gate. Kinda made it have a gardeny feel. Provider later painted grass and flowers up on the wall and called it the "Toddler garden". Was cute and pretty, without feeling overwemling. She also used that see through fence so it didnt block her view.

Comment

I like that idea! Going to go check out fences. I think those white picket fence would work well. I could even do a grass type rug for the garden theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                      Sent!
                      Me too?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
                        Me too?
                        sent

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh and Learn View Post
                          I like that idea! Going to go check out fences. I think those white picket fence would work well. I could even do a grass type rug for the garden theme.
                          Promise me you'll post pictures!! I would love to see how it turns out. She had big square planters on the ends to help keep it steady. Filled them with concrete

Comment

Working...
                          X