Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Parents Get So Irritated At This?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
    as my husband would put it, "if I pay your bills, I set your priorities." as he does, and he does
    Oh hell no! Ha! If my husband said that, he sure as hell wouldn't be my husband much longer. We pay OUR bills with OUR money. Even when I wasn't working for an income, it was OUR money. We both contributed to the household in different ways and we both laid equal claim to his paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
      Oh hell no! Ha! If my husband said that, he sure as hell wouldn't be my husband much longer. We pay OUR bills with OUR money. Even when I wasn't working for an income, it was OUR money. We both contributed to the household in different ways and we both laid equal claim to his paycheck.
      Amen sister! It's OUR money and WE decide how and when it will be spent.

Comment

as my husband would put it, "if I pay your bills, I set your priorities." as he does, and he does
        Hell no... I dated a guy that thought that way... he told me to quit my job, it was his job to provide; dude so not happening as I made more $$ and had kids (dad is deceased) to provide for.

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
          Hell no... I dated a guy that thought that way... he told me to quit my job, it was his job to provide; dude so not happening as I made more $$ and had kids (dad is deceased) to provide for.
          I guess because I think the same way, we are together for this long and, yes, he is making more that I am, and it's not changing any time soon. it's just that his priorities are also similar to mine.
          I actually once said that to a guy who tried to get me on a date and complained that I worked too much. and I was, like, if you pay my bills, you set my priorities.

Comment

Honest i am so confused. You told the date you wanted him to be like your decision maker? Because he made more money. ..? Men make more money than women even when working in the same exact positions. So that means you would like all men to always be the decision makers, not only for themselves, but for all people...?

Comment

Ok wait. I'm understanding better now. You do believe the person making more money should be the decision maker, so you insist on trying to make more money... Is that what you're saying? You don't resign yourself to not be the decision maker, but the only way for that to happen (in your belief) is for you to be the one who makes more money?..

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
                Ok wait. I'm understanding better now. You do believe the person making more money should be the decision maker, so you insist on trying to make more money... Is that what you're saying? You don't resign yourself to not be the decision maker, but the only way for that to happen (in your belief) is for you to be the one who makes more money?..
                Am I being interrogated about the way I prefer to have my relationships to work?..

Comment

No nevermind I was confused. Sorry.

Comment

Am I being interrogated about the way I prefer to have my relationships to work?..
                    Mad, I say this in the most respectful way possible, I like your posts and respect your POV. I may not always agree with you(we are all different right?) but you have a vocal way about you.

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                      I think it's honestly because these parents are budgeting wrong.

They are figuring what daycare costs per day and subtracting it from what they make per day. Say mom makes $80 per day at work, pay $35 to daycare, she figures she makes $45 a day by going to work....and neglects to think about it as a monthly/weekly/yearly budget.

By doing this they also neglect to think about the provider and how the provider makes a living
                      I agree with Happy Mom. My solution has been to charge an annual tuition and give them an option to make monthly payments on the annual tuition.

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
                        I agree with Happy Mom. My solution has been to charge an annual tuition and give them an option to make monthly payments on the annual tuition.
                        And this is why I have a Monthly fee due on the 1st of Month ... I budget for the year, don't accept discounts for time off (because it's already figured in) and some families still don't get it

Comment

Working...
                        X