No announcement yet.

Red Flags Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an Eco Healthy Child Care too, but it doesn't have anything in their checklist about fragrances. I guess that's just your personal thing. I'm similar so I can relate, but I don't have a policy on that. I won't take children from smoking families, though.

Comment

sigh
      I am such a $ucker. I have been in touch with them and am working things out, I hope. They do seem really nice. I did tell them it's imperative we're on the same page(read my policies!)to ensure a successful dc experience.
      One of my dcds told me he could install an exit out of my playroom, directly into my backyard so that would take care of a major worry of mine. I think everything else could work out. In my email I reiterated a 2 week trial period and rates are based on enrollment not attendance.
      Wish me luck one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I'm an Eco Healthy Child Care too, but it doesn't have anything in their checklist about fragrances. I guess that's just your personal thing. I'm similar so I can relate, but I don't have a policy on that. I won't take children from smoking families, though.
        I know the fragrance thing when it comes to perfume & such is my personal, but it does make a lot of families happy...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I did the Eco Healthy Child Care program and had the endorsement through them for a couple of years and I know theirs lists fragrances as one thing to avoid. You don't have to do everything on their lists. It works like a point system so as long as you have under a certain number of points checked off you can still be considered eco-friendly because you are limiting a lot of other things.

https://cehn.org/our-work/eco-healthy-child-care/

On theirs it's on ther checklist under Air Quality
          https://cehn.org/wp-content/uploads/...e-Printing.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
            I did the Eco Healthy Child Care program and had the endorsement through them for a couple of years and I know theirs lists fragrances as one thing to avoid. You don't have to do everything on their lists. It works like a point system so as long as you have under a certain number of points checked off you can still be considered eco-friendly because you are limiting a lot of other things.

https://cehn.org/our-work/eco-healthy-child-care/

On theirs it's on ther checklist under Air Quality
            https://cehn.org/wp-content/uploads/...e-Printing.pdf
            I have never gotten anything under 28 of the 30 & that one year I had that happen I was renting & had no control over the the duplex parking lot ... and yes I specifically have it in my policies about no plug ins, candles etc, not just fragrance in the detergent and perfume. Sometimes families think I take things to extremes, but I have been with the program since Hester started it going National in 2010 (it was originally started in OR) - heck in 2011 I talked to her personally; they only stated charging to get the certification after Washington DC took over. The first few years it was free to get the certification. In fact I was the only one in AR for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
              I have never gotten anything under 28 of the 30 & that one year I had that happen I was renting & had no control over the the duplex parking lot ... and yes I specifically have it in my policies about no plug ins, candles etc, not just fragrance in the detergent and perfume. Sometimes families think I take things to extremes, but I have been with the program since Hester started it going National in 2010 (it was originally started in OR) - heck in 2011 I talked to her personally; they only stated charging to get the certification after Washington DC took over. The first few years it was free to get the certification. In fact I was the only one in AR for 3 years
              Yep that's when I was in it too. I was the 3rd in CA to sign up. After they started to charge I stopped doing it officially but still follow a lot of the things on the checklist, just don't have the endorsement.

They have also changed the way they work their point system and have changed their requirements to make it more difficult so I would not longer qualify ::

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                sigh
                I am such a $ucker. I have been in touch with them and am working things out, I hope. They do seem really nice. I did tell them it's imperative we're on the same page(read my policies!)to ensure a successful dc experience.
                One of my dcds told me he could install an exit out of my playroom, directly into my backyard so that would take care of a major worry of mine. I think everything else could work out. In my email I reiterated a 2 week trial period and rates are based on enrollment not attendance.
                Wish me luck one way or another.
                Crossing my fingers you are lucky! 🍀
                But that’s what a trial period is for....

I have been pleasantly surprised before so I’d rather try and know than never know; ya know?

Comment

Welp, evidently this family didn't like my most recent email. Lol Dad left a message yesterday saying they found a place that takes toddlers and thanks for my time. At least that's what I think it said. It's my landline and it's difficult to clearly hear messages so I emailed them this a.m. to clarify.

I'm not unhappy about the outcome if that's the case so why am I feeling this little bit of ego letdown? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                    Welp, evidently this family didn't like my most recent email. Lol Dad left a message yesterday saying they found a place that takes toddlers and thanks for my time. At least that's what I think it said. It's my landline and it's difficult to clearly hear messages so I emailed them this a.m. to clarify.

I'm not unhappy about the outcome if that's the case so why am I feeling this little bit of ego letdown? :confused:
                    Providers experience "ego letdown" because most FCC providers I know, including myself, put so much passion into their programs. I am finding that passion dwindling at times with a "whatever will be will be" due to the over-stress of trying to "please" clients. There's a good chance you dodged a bullet with this client so maybe something better will come along.

Comment

Josie take it and run.You had feelings of doubt at least in your first email.I think gut instinct is what you should go by.Yes the money would be great but you do not have the door yet.Putting it in might take longer than you think and you originally wanted to start cutting down.Everything seems doable when the weather is nice.Then winter hits and hes biting ….I think you dodged a bullet.I know we hate when they do not "pick"us but sometimes things work out for the best.They didn't read your policies,they were sending him somewhere else for 5 weeks.

Comment

Yeah, any parent that bops their child around with providers isn't really looking for their child's best interest... as a provider I now see how that's detrimental although I was guilty of that as a new mom years ago.

Sometimes when they go somewhere else, it's a good thing. I recently had a tour for a 2.5y girl where they were asking if i had a stepstool in the kitchen for handwashing and i said no because my babies and toddlers were climbing on it and getting hurt so i took it away. They also wanted a formal curriculum with like hours of preschool instruction and etc whereas I'm play-based and focus more on educating the whole child and learning life skills, although i do some preschool time in the morning if i have a child older than 3. with 6-8 kids under age 3 it's just too hard to get in ANY preschool time, especially with the fussy baby i have... i'm lucky to even do an art activity these days with my current crew.

sounds like be greatful is the thing

Comment

Working...
                        X