"Big Boy Underwear"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
    Mom and I both decided last week that this week there were no more pull ups, except nap.
    My clients often do that, too. Typically during their unpaid vacation weeks or when I am closed for vacation. They still have to make it two weeks dry, here, upon return. It has worked very well.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I do the same - at least 2 weeks dry. I have found it's easiest on everyone when parents try to toilet train during my vacation so that the child and parents can learn the process without distractions (other children's needs, different bathrooms, etc.).
      I absolutely won't be the only adult involved in the process. If a parent wants me to "potty train" their child, they have to agree to follow the same procedure I do as outlined in my toilet training policy. Some important requirements before we even begin the process is readiness as outlined in my policy. A child who shows up in underwear with no prior discussion would immediately be put in a diaper and parents would be told - um no, this isn't going to work for me due to sanitation issues.

Comment

Been there. A kid's grandma sent him in underwear, even though his parents agreed that he wasn't ready to train. I put a diaper over the underwear and sent him home with his underwear in a bag with a giant poop still in the underwear. Grandma was grossed out. It happened several times before the parents got her to stop putting underwear on him on her days to drop him off.

Comment

I just slide a pullup or diaper over the underwear. If they pee or poop the underwear gets bagged up as it comes off. I tell them they better send me 5 pairs of underwear everyday because I will not wash or rinse anything. Funny enough sometimes it does work for potty training because kids can't stand the wet next to their body. Pull-ups and diaper make them always feel dry so underwear under the pullups work great and I don't have to clean any flooring when they flood.

Comment

He had a complete melt down when I told him he wouldn't get the dinosaur because he went in his pants. (though knowing mom he probably will get it anyway) Unfortunately mom didn't pick up today, his babysitter did. I let her know what was going on, but I need to talk to mom about the underwear.

Mom doesn't know yet, but I believe she has only a short time left here. She has paid late the last three weeks (I posted another thread about parents paying late) Payment is due again tomorrow, that will probably determine if she stays...

Comment

Working...
            X