Seriously So Tired Of Late Pays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
    A provider friend shared with me if you have a late fee for payment in the contract, it means you will accept late payments just like if you have a late fee for pickup, parents will think they can be late.....so true!
    Exactly why I don't have a late pay fee... my Full time contracts automatically becomes drop-in and I start looking to replace; all it took was everyone to see me do it to one parent - nobody pulled late pay again, and the one mom was super pissed she was paying more for the same hrs only they weren't guaranteed anymore. She walked away never to be seen again the next week

Comment

During my years of caring for children I've found the parents that abuse a late payment policy are usually the same parents each time.

On that note, I like being my own boss and setting my own rules in which case I can afford to be flexible. My weekly rates are on the high end and I don't hesitate to explain that I'm flexible in most areas of policy. This doesn't mean they all take advantage of my leniency. Most parents don't. But options are there and I'm open to the extra money fees bring in.

Comment

I'm like others - I don't want their late fees, I just want to be paid on time. I only accept payment in advance. All of my clients pay electronically. It's due by Sunday night at 9. If I don't see it by then, I send a quick text reminding them. I make it clear in the interview that drop off time is hectic and I do not want to have to deal with payment issues - plus, their child is not allowed to stay if I haven't received payment for the week. I would much rather send a quick reminder text than to deal with the unpleasantries of turning someone away at the door, etc...I would do it, but I prefer not to have to in the first place.

Comment

The one family that I tend to have this issue with most likely will be leaving shortly. She's the one that I have to bump her youngest out for about 5 weeks due to a longer term family enrolling their 2nd child. She wasn't happy with her child getting bumped, but I had to adjust the schedule somehow and the other family has a better schedule, more days, longer time with me, pays early, never late. So hoping they leave because i have 2 on my wait list that I'd rather have anyway

Comment

Working...
          X