Build-a-Bear Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build-a-Bear Promotion

A quick google search shows how well my son's child care's field trip most likely went today....

His center took all of the 1st-6th graders enrolled in their summer camp to this event today. Something tells me they probably didn't get bears.....

Well that sucks!!! At the same time the twitter rants are a bit much. Kids need to learn about disappointment and how to manage it. One guy said his wife drove a hundred miles....for a bear?!

I hope your son wasn’t too upset

Comment

ITA about the Twitter rants being a bit much - what did people expect??

I think BoB was nuts for running the promotion in the first place.

Comment

Oh I'm sure my son will be fine. I'm not even sure he expected to come home with a build-a-bear.

Honestly I had NO IDEA that their field trip was based around a promotional event like this until after I dropped him off this morning and saw a friend on FB ranting about it.

I don't know what I thought, but I certainly didn't expect him to be coming home with a bear. Hopefully they were still able to do something fun. Sounds like a NIGHTMARE to me.

Comment

It reminds me of 7-11s free slurpees (?) On 7/11 from 11-7.

Go into a store at 9:30 and they have a ton of cups. Go back at 11:30 and they miraculously didn't get their cup delivery.

I'm not much for crowds so I advoid these types if promotions.

Comment

I somehow missed the announcement they were even having that sale... my daughter probably would have thrown a fit if she was turned away, so I don't know if my missing it is a good thing (spared me a tantrum) or a bad thing (missed a learning opportunity).
            I'll just pretend it never happened

Comment

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
              It reminds me of 7-11s free slurpees (?) On 7/11 from 11-7.

Go into a store at 9:30 and they have a ton of cups. Go back at 11:30 and they miraculously didn't get their cup delivery.

I'm not much for crowds so I advoid these types if promotions.
              Yeah, a few of my friends in MD & VA were talking about the promo yesterday... some people don't understand that 7-11 is NOT nationwide and they asked me what I did to get my fix? Nothing, i hate convenience stores with a passion now

Comment

We were going to take the daycare kiddos, but ended up deciding not to. Looks like it was the right choice :P

We didn't end up telling any of the kids, so none of them were disappointed or anything. I think this was definitely a learning moment on how to deal with disappointment... unfortunately it looks like many adults are the ones throwing the fits..

Comment

What did BoB expect???

Comment

Wow, they highly underestimated their customers need of a cheap teddy bear! I doubt they will be having that promotion again!::

It stinks that it didn't work out, but some of the moms on twitter... (slaps forehead ) Oh, the drama that little snookums didnt get what she wanted! I wonder who threw the biggest tantrums over this tragedy, the kids or the parents? All over a dang bear. I'm feeling a bit less than compassionate for this champagne problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
                      Wow, they highly underestimated their customers need of a cheap teddy bear! I doubt they will be having that promotion again!::

It stinks that it didn't work out, but some of the moms on twitter... (slaps forehead ) Oh, the drama that little snookums didnt get what she wanted! I wonder who threw the biggest tantrums over this tragedy, the kids or the parents? All over a dang bear. I'm feeling a bit less than compassionate for this champagne problem.
                      Hands down I would bet the parents. ::

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                        Hands down I would bet the parents. ::
                        Of course, and that's why we have to deal with all the impatient over-the-top frustrated expectant kids of today who throw tantrums every time they don't get their way. They've been taught well.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post

100% the parents!! I bet the kids shrugged and said “oh well” ::

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                            100% the parents!! I bet the kids shrugged and said “oh well” ::
                            For sure!

I will say, even though it sounds nuts, still good marketing. I have NEVER stepped foot in a build-a-bear or even considered it, but I signed up for their mailing list and downloaded 2 $15 off coupons and am considering taking my boys. It seems like it could be a fun experience!

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                              For sure!

I will say, even though it sounds nuts, still good marketing. I have NEVER stepped foot in a build-a-bear or even considered it, but I signed up for their mailing list and downloaded 2 $15 off coupons and am considering taking my boys. It seems like it could be a fun experience!
                              To me this kind of promotion makes WAY more sense. They should have given the “pay your age” coupons to email subscribers. Similar to kids eating free on their birthdays. Gets people to sign up and they can prepare.

We went to a BAB in Disneyland CA and there were only my two kids, my niece and two other kids in front of us and it took us well over an hour to get our 3 bears made. It must have been pandemomium yesterday!! My daughter had a BAB made here to support Autism and then in
                              Disney it was her birthday so it was part of her party (we had a birthday party at Goofy’s Kitchen!)

Comment

Working...
                              X