Ilinois Daycare Temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilinois Daycare Temps?

What is the law on temp and outdoor play? We had a heat warning yesterday and my boss didn't bat a eyelash when my coworker insisted we go out, when it was 96 degrees!!

I don’t recall the regs, but I would not have taken kids out. The heat indexes were terrible. Ours was 111F, statewide was heat index over 100 almost everywhere all day.

As a parent I would have been very angry. As a employee I would have refused to go out as I cannot handle that type of heat at all and would need accommodations (I’ve had heat exhaustion too many times to count, now I can’t handle much at all).

Comment

Originally posted by flying_babyb View Post
      What is the law on temp and outdoor play? We had a heat warning yesterday and my boss didn't bat a eyelash when my coworker insisted we go out, when it was 96 degrees!!
      TEMP regulations vary by state... No way would I have taken kids out; TN the highest temp allowed is 95 including heat index. I go out early morning & stay in the shade for a good part of that time, but after lunch/nap, not a chance right now due to extreme temps & air quality issues too

Comment

Teachers know the many ways children benefit from outdoor play. But when should the weather keep them indoors?

Comment

You posted it before I could ::

Comment

Working...
          X