Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Different Kinds Of Milk Do You Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Different Kinds Of Milk Do You Buy?

As of last nights newest client I'm up to buying four different kinds of milk and it isn't cheap!!!!

1%-5 Gallons
    Almond-1 Gallon
    Goat Milk-1 Gallon
    Soy-1 Gallon

Is there any other type of milk a child may need? I honestly don't think I could fit anymore in my fridge and need to get a refrigerator just because of all the milk!
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

I buy 1% as I have ages 2+ only.

I don't have any kids that require substitute milk and honestly if I did, I think soy is the only one I would provide.

Any other type would need to be supplied by the parent.

I don't think my food program accepts almond or goats milk as an credible substitute for cows milk or soy milk but that might have changed, I don't know...I don't have anyone in care currently with special dietary needs

Comment

I don't provide food for special diets, so those kids would need to come with milk from home, in three separate sippy cups, daily.

I buy whole, under 2's and skim, over 2's.

My current crew ALWAYS chose water, so we use milk for under 2's and in cereal only. I go through about 3 gallons a week for 12 kids.

Comment

I bought while milk. Parents provided their specialty milks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          I buy 1% as I have ages 2+ only.

I don't have any kids that require substitute milk and honestly if I did, I think soy is the only one I would provide.

Any other type would need to be supplied by the parent.

I don't think my food program accepts almond or goats milk as an credible substitute for cows milk or soy milk but that might have changed, I don't know...I don't have anyone in care currently with special dietary needs
          Mine will only accept almond/coconut/hemp/goat/etc. milk if there's a note from a doctor saying the child can't have both cow's milk and soy milk.

I buy 1% for the DC kiddos (all 2+) and almond milk for my DD. When the infant turns 1, I'll get whole milk for her but right now mom supplies formula. I also wouldn't be supplying any alternative milk other than soy.

Comment

I provide 2% for 2+ ages and 3.5% for the under 2 crowd. Any children that require a different kind I have the parents provide it. For example I have one child that gets lactose free milk so parents bring it. No price change to fees or anything and I'm not a part of any food program so I have no issue if parents want a different kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Febby View Post
              Mine will only accept almond/coconut/hemp/goat/etc. milk if there's a note from a doctor saying the child can't have both cow's milk and soy milk.
              I think special diet statements will make non-dairy milk credible or claimable but without a special diet statement almond milk, goats milk and/or coconut milk aren't nutritionally equivalent.

Comment

For those who have the parents supply the milk how are you reimbursed on the food program?

We can't claim if the parents are supplying items.
                Live life to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                  For those who have the parents supply the milk how are you reimbursed on the food program?

We can't claim if the parents are supplying items.
                  New food program rules for kids over 12 months (Oct 2017) say you CAN claim meals/snacks where parents supply one component of the meal IF the parent supplied portion is a credible substitute.

Comment

Real milk for my family, 2-gal
                    1 % for daycare, 2 gal

Comment

Milk provided: 1%

Infant Formula provided: Parents Choice Infant with Iron - to 12 months

Toddler Formula provided: Parent's Choice Toddlers Beginnings with Iron - to 24 months

All included with tuition.

Parents provide alternatives. Few do this past 6 months.
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        New food program rules for kids over 12 months (Oct 2017) say you CAN claim meals/snacks where parents supply one component of the meal IF the parent supplied portion is a credible substitute.
                        Talking to my food program just now here is what I found out:

If it is the parents choice to have them on a different milk, they may supply it and you can still claim the meal.

If needing a different milk is due to a disability (allergies, constipation, diarreha, etc) you have to have a doctors note and also supply the milk.
                        Live life to the fullest

Comment

My food program drop down menu says "special provision/soy milk (dr statement)

Currently I offer per reg, whole milk to 1 to 2 yr olds and 1% over 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                            Talking to my food program just now here is what I found out:

If it is the parents choice to have them on a different milk, they may supply it and you can still claim the meal.

If needing a different milk is due to a disability (allergies, constipation, diarreha, etc) you have to have a doctors note and also supply the milk.
                            Yep! They are correct, you CAN still claim the meal/snack if parent provides one component IF that substitute is nutritionally equivalent to cow's milk. EVEN if it is the parents choice to not drink cows milk. (see the right hand side of the attached flow chart)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I buy two milks - whole and 2%. I just had two kids move out of the area but before they did I had seven kids drinking six different things - the 2 milks I provided, soy milk, lactaid, juice, and formula. Parents supply everything but the regular milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X