What Would You Charge For This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
    It's work related. Dcm works as a nurse 60 miles away and usually her mom drops him off but her mom is going away for July-Aug. Dcd(remember dhdcd?)works so can't bring him in those days. So if she's going to work those days, she needs to bring him in earlier.
    They started when school started last fall, dcb is okay; he has his moments. But I had issues in the beginning with dcd never paying on time and racking up late payment all the time. Then dcm agreed to pay me every week but didn't want me to tell dcd....that didn't happen. And by the sounds of things I probably won't have him past when school opens again anyways. She's already trying to work out how she can do it without dc. Just the 1 dcb, he's 4 yo and I assume she'll be picking up around the regular time.

I'm probably going to tell her I'll try it for a couple weeks so I don't commit to the whole summer. And I'm torn between charging her 10 a day or my normal 'outside of regular dc rates(early/late fees)' which would be $5 for the 1st 15 minutes, then $1 a minute= $20.
    Charge more money. Make it worth it. She might figure something out then.

Comment

It's work related. Dcm works as a nurse 60 miles away and usually her mom drops him off but her mom is going away for July-Aug. Dcd(remember dhdcd?)works so can't bring him in those days. So if she's going to work those days, she needs to bring him in earlier.
      They started when school started last fall, dcb is okay; he has his moments. But I had issues in the beginning with dcd never paying on time and racking up late payment all the time. Then dcm agreed to pay me every week but didn't want me to tell dcd....that didn't happen. And by the sounds of things I probably won't have him past when school opens again anyways. She's already trying to work out how she can do it without dc. Just the 1 dcb, he's 4 yo and I assume she'll be picking up around the regular time.

I'm probably going to tell her I'll try it for a couple weeks so I don't commit to the whole summer. And I'm torn between charging her 10 a day or my normal 'outside of regular dc rates(early/late fees)' which would be $5 for the 1st 15 minutes, then $1 a minute= $20.
      My vote is $20/day. A day is only so long and this requires you to spend even more of your precious time doing daycare. Personally, I'm at a point that there isn't any amount of money that could make me open early or stay late because I value my limited family time so much (my first is young and I have another on the way).

Comment

Originally posted by LittleScholars View Post
        My vote is $20/day. A day is only so long and this requires you to spend even more of your precious time doing daycare. Personally, I'm at a point that there isn't any amount of money that could make me open early or stay late because I value my limited family time so much (my first is young and I have another on the way).
        That's exactly the way I feel too. And my own are grown and gone so I don't even have a good reason. I'm just done in so many ways. I'll tell her 20 a day, if it's not acceptable, I'm sure she'll figure something else out.
        Thanks everybody!!!

Comment

That's exactly the way I feel too. And my own are grown and gone so I don't even have a good reason. I'm just done in so many ways. I'll tell her 20 a day, if it's not acceptable, I'm sure she'll figure something else out.
          Thanks everybody!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post

Same here. I will also point out the more you do for a family such as stay open later the less appreciative they are. Those families end up being your pains in the butt and rule breakers. They already got you to open early or stay open later.

Amen!! I have unfortunately learned the same thing! And then when you deny them special privilege they call the state on you!

Comment

Working...
            X