Has Anyone Experienced This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
    that was one of my concerns was that they would need to take him into a different room which would then affect my family because it would be in the other area of my home, but she told me that they would not remove him from his peers that they would observe him interacting which I don't fully understand how that will help with his speech but then again I am not a speech therapist.
    Sounds like an initial screening observation.

"A screening usually consists of a short (20 minutes or so) meeting with your child (and yourself, if appropriate) where he will be asked to repeat some words and answer some questions and take part in a short conversation. This also may include a short observation of your child in the classroom (if your child is school aged). The information from this short meeting and any observations will help determine if an assessment is indeed indicated."

Welcome to the third installment of What You Can Expect from Speech Therapy {A Guide for Parents}. In the last installment, we talked about how you can go about getting your child a speech and language assessment. Now that you have decided where you will start this journey (early intervention, school district, private practice or […]
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
    X